Thread: PSX game too big for CD-R

Thanks

Default PSX game too big for CD-R

I'm using FireStarter and Titanium Toast 6 on a Mac.

I downloaded Wipeout 3 Special Edition (PAL), and it had a cue file in addition to the ccd/img/sub files.

Burning the img file resulted in a playable CD, but there was no music - a whole other problem.

But when I dragged the cue file into Toast, it showed as having 13 audio tracks! However, it said the disc was too small - it needed 1,000 MB of free space. This has happened with a few other games that Toast lists as having audio tracks, such as MechWarrior 2 (of which I over burned with FireStarter, and the music was replaced by static hissing).

I've seen threads about games that are too big for CD-Rs, but nothing concrete on how to get around it (aside from over burning). How can I burn a game onto a 700 MB CD-R (without over burning) when Toast & FireStarter say the file is too big??

Thanks
    EP Points

Overburning is the only way. And the File sizes don't mean a thing. except if there's too large so you can't overburn.

Thanks
    EP Points

The standard psx game disc structure has some limitations. One of them is not being able to hold more than 650 MB of data between data and standard red book audio. Overburning is not an option for psx games. You should either burn the game using the CCD file (to also burn subchannel data, the SUB file) or if you can't because you are using failosx, burn using the CUE file. Disregard the size of the actual image, it contains burning data making it bigger.

PAN!