Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Downloading or owning it. Which is Better?

Thanks

I much prefer owning. But more out of collecting than practical use.

Thanks

Default Why I hate emulation.

Well, I don't know if it's just me, but it's so much more satisfying to play a game on the actual system, than emulating a PS2 game on the PC is. There's this nostalgic value, and the value of the game, I just bought crystal, silver, blue, and red for $20 from my friend, and I find myself playing them much more than I ever would on my PSP, I sort of feel obligated to play them after buying them, and that's when I actually get into them. One big reason for me why I don't like emulation is because I collect GB/GBC games, and no one gives a dayum if you have the biggest ROM collection with all the best games, it's all 'bout the cartridge. Same goes with LSD dream simulator for the PS1, if you see someone with the actual game, your mind has a miniature EXPLOSION.
    "If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the heart of man"
    -Edward D Morrison.

Thanks
    EP Points

Owning. Like totally. It's one of the main reasons why I avoid buying games in the Virtual Console or Wiiware. If the Wii breaks down, then I'll lose access to the games. Plus, I can't take the games and play them on a friend's Wii. So, yeah.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pro merge was pro.

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Owning. Like totally. It's one of the main reasons why I avoid buying games in the Virtual Console or Wiiware. If the Wii breaks down, then I'll lose access to the games. Plus, I can't take the games and play them on a friend's Wii. So, yeah.
    Yeaaaaah. If I'm downloading then I'm definitely not paying. Plus I just like to hoard. I have plenty of games I'll never play.

Thanks
    EP Points

well to me it depends. obviously owning is so much better than downloading. but to me i also love downloading. cuz im not home a whole lot and its not like im gonna bring my systems everyone i go. so since theyre on my laptop i can play my favorite games, or new ones, where ever i am. so downloading has its perks too. but owning like i said is much better
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks

I'd say owning.
    Although depending on the age of the game, I'd dwonload it then see if it's any good, and if I bought it I'd delete the rom.
    But there are a few games which don't seem to be worth it because of price, which I'd hold out on buying untill I feel comfortable spending that much money.
    But on one occasion I have not thought things through on a purtchase, EarthBound with box and guide for $350 before I even owned a SNES, yet I still don't regret it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by psicho
    But there are a few games which don't seem to be worth it because of price, which I'd hold out on buying untill I feel comfortable spending that much money.
    Way more than a few. I remember buying the first Disgaea for $35 at a used store so of course I sold it when it was going for triple digits before the reprint and the GH release.

Regular editions going for more than the original list price is dumb. Really hard for something like this to happen nowadays though as compared to the past when there were so many super small odd releases.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Obviously owning the game.

It's far more enjoyable playing on the original console. I'm not really a PC gamer so using the keyboard gets annoying at times for me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Obviously owning the game.

It's far more enjoyable playing on the original console. I'm not really a PC gamer so using the keyboard gets annoying at times for me.
    i understand where your coming from on this. im not a big PC gamer either so i bought a cheap 20 dollar controller that works for all the roms i want to play. the only system where i had to play with the buttons is the N64. only cuz the controller is simalar to a 360/PS3 controller.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire