Thread: tales of the abyss help

Thanks

Default tales of the abyss help

hey, I just started to play this game and it runs ok, but while in town, the fps kinda slows down, can someone tell me what settings should I use for pcsx2 0.9.8?? I used the default settings cause I don't know what to do, here is my current settings: w/o speed hack

also, When they talk to others or themselves, where their faces are in the screen when you press select, does it supposed to have a sound while they are talking? cause mine has none.. I donwloaded the game from here: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ss-NTSC-U-FS-*
    Last edited by akakaka23; 9th-May-2011 at 04:26.

Thanks
    EP Points

I rarely emulate PS2, so I can only really answer your second question: those parts of the game (when you press Select) are fully voiced, but only in the original Japanese game. They were cut from the English version.

Make sure your PC is powerful enough for PS2 emulation, though. Those slowdowns might just be the result of that. Switching to native resolution instead of a custom one also tends to speed things up as far as I remember. And the speed hacks, obviously.

Thanks
    EP Points

Your specs is?

Slowdown on certain event or place is normal, if it runs normally at first, the speed will likely dropped as you play through the game.

Thanks

so that's why I don;t hear any voices, T_T, well I switched the resolution to native and it runs well now, the graphics are a bit bad, but its ok, I just wish that they put the english voices for that chat thing,

Thanks

sorry for double post, I just want to ask again if I should change any settings in pcsx2 0.9.8 to improve the speed of this game?

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you tried enabling the Speedhacks? That should boost your game a bit.

Thanks

yeah I did, so what about the other settings? should I just leave it at default?

Thanks
    EP Points

Press the TAB to turn on the frameskip option, which should increase the game speed on certain area, and if you want, turn off the sound, that should give you HUGE boost.

and Your specs?