Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGP able to Play PS2 games?

Thanks

Smile NGP able to Play PS2 games?

So, as we all know, the psp can play PSX games. I was sitting thinking and wondered if the NGP will play PS2 games.

anyone read anything about this? speculation is more than acceptable too

your thoughts?

Thanks
    EP Points

Doubtful, unless Sony release them on the PSN store for download.

Thanks

Well, they did for the PSP, so i cant see any reason why not

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't recall seeing any PS2 games available for download through PSN Store that played on the PSP?

Thanks

your right, their isnt. The PSP hardware couldnt cope. But....the NGP is a handheld powerhouse that is more than capable of running PS2 games. I guess its a case of wait & see if no one has heard anything.

Thanks

well considering the ngp was able to play (possibly) dumbed down ports of uncharted and mgs4 i dont see why it would have issues playing ps2 games

it will depend on whether sony puts the necessary hardware to read and execute ps2 isos and then whether or not the companys want to put the games up for download (though im not too sure how that works)

Thanks
    EP Points

some ps2 games were ported to psp though

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

powerhouse? its only a bit more powerful than the iphone 4.

there mite be a chance of ps2 on it if they make a port of the ps2 bios for the ngp so it wouldnt have to emulate it cuz theres no way it can emulate a ps2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krawniksmoka View Post
    powerhouse? its only a bit more powerful than the iphone 4.

there mite be a chance of ps2 on it if they make a port of the ps2 bios for the ngp so it wouldnt have to emulate it cuz theres no way it can emulate a ps2
    i agree with the emulation argument. In regards to it being barely more powerful than the iphone 4, your not confusing it with the xperia play are you?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luffy4 View Post
    some ps2 games were ported to psp though
    You once again are retarded.

Those alleged games were specifically developed and programmed to work on the PSP. Since the PSP is not as powerful, has a different layout of controls, and UMDs can't hold as much as a DVD, the native resolution, gameplay, mechanics; they all must be changed to cope on the PSP. It's basically making an entire new game but already knowing what's its trying to be.

What this guy is inferring is just downloading a PS2 ISO, not changing a thing about it (besides changing it to a form the NGP can handle, like an EBOOT) and being able to play it. Yes, there were PORTS of PS2 games on the PSP, but that doesn't even fucking matter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post

Those alleged games were specifically developed and programmed to work on the PSP. Since the PSP is not as powerful, has a different layout of controls, and UMDs can't hold as much as a DVD, the native resolution, gameplay, mechanics; they all must be changed to cope on the PSP. It's basically making an entire new game but already knowing what's its trying to be.

What this guy is inferring is just downloading a PS2 ISO, not changing a thing about it (besides changing it to a form the NGP can handle, like an EBOOT) and being able to play it. Yes, there were PORTS of PS2 games on the PSP, but that doesn't even fucking matter.

What Quiji said x10

Thanks
    EP Points

again i made a general statement you Pretentious ASS, just because someone says something doesn't make it true. i am well aware as to what had to be done too make them compatible, PSN was mentioned so i was simply stating something.

Now i would like to be able to make a post without the retard know as you being rude, ok?

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katimari View Post
    i agree with the emulation argument. In regards to it being barely more powerful than the iphone 4, your not confusing it with the xperia play are you?
    no its really not much more powerful than the iphone 4 spec wise. honestly i think without its dedicated gpu the ngp isnt that much of a device worth boasting about

Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing. I think this is the best opportunity for Square to put the likes of Final Fantasy X International and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix out in english. I've also wondered if it will have .gif thumbnails and be able to handle more than just mp4's.... I'm dying to know!

Thanks

OUCH i can feel the sting from that sucker...