Thread: PCSX2: Is it worth it?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    I know he's using 0.9.7, what I mean is whether or not he use the latest official beta, or compile it by himself.

To OP, does that problem happen on every game you play?
    Slowdown of RE4 is a known issue on PCSX2, even on MGS.

Oh another one, if your CPU heat too much during the process, the gameplay may get slower as well.
    I downloaded the latest beta from the website.

I've only tried RE4 and MGS2, because those are the only two games I have interest in playing again. Getting a game for PS2 takes a bit longer to download (especially if you have to manually download each individual part from like Megaupload or something) so I haven't really snagged random games to try out.

Pretty sure it's not an overheating issue too. The slowdown occurs as soon as gameplay starts, even if I skip the opening cutscenes. Just to be sure I checked with Speedfan and my core temp doesn't go over 40C.

Edit: So I noticed the fps counter at the top of the pcsx2 window. Apparently I can maintain 60 fps fine in menus and cutscenes, but when actually playing this is reduced to 30-45 fps in both RE4 and MGS2. Sounds like a decent amount of frames but the slowdown is still noticeable and annoying, but is that "normal"?
    Last edited by Kurugi; 12th-February-2011 at 16:56.