Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spider-Man Reboot

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetik View Post
    Hmm, will be interesting to see how it fares. The first two Spidey movies were pretty good imo.
    Three was good, just weak compared to the other ones. I liked a lot they did but it feels like they could have cut out Venom and it would have been far better.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

The 2nd one was the best imho, but I liked the 3 of them.
    As for the reboot, it's necessary if we want to have more Spidey movies but I'm no fortune-teller to tell whether it will be as good as the previous ones or not... being the Marvel fan I am, as far as it's decent I'll be happy, what I want is 3 Marvel movies every year

Thanks
    EP Points

I love Ultimate Spider-Man, so if that's the vibe they're going for with this new film though I'll be looking forward to it. I'm also glad they've gone with Gwen Stacy this time around. I think that's the way the origin story has to be.

Also, please please please give Spidey some decent one-liners. That was the one thing I felt was really missing from the last lot of movies. Don't make him all emo again! He's supposed to be wisecracking and generally making an arse of himself while he flips around and takes out bad guys. That's why we like him, he's a superhero but he's also really awkward and geeky and laughs at things that shouldn't be funny.
    Last edited by Cosmic; 2nd-February-2011 at 03:10.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    The 2nd one was the best imho, but I liked the 3 of them.
    As for the reboot, it's necessary if we want to have more Spidey movies but I'm no fortune-teller to tell whether it will be as good as the previous ones or not... being the Marvel fan I am, as far as it's decent I'll be happy, what I want is 3 Marvel movies every year
    I agree about the second one being the best. Out of all of them, that's the one that I go back to the most. I thought it captured the opposing forces of trying to lead a normal life while still being a "hero" perfectly. The first one was good, but it felt just a little bit too... perky, for me, if that's the right word. The third one, I thought, would have been a lot better if they hadn't had Parker being a flippant little AFI wannabe for a half hour, and focused more on raw adrenaline and rage, which is how I always pictured being infected by Venom would be.

I liked the casting of Topher Grace as Venom in the third one, however... I thought that he was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Also, please please please give Spidey some decent one-liners. That was the one thing I felt was really missing from the last lot of movies. Don't make him all emo again! He's supposed to be wisecracking and generally making an arse of himself while he flips around and takes out bad guys. That's why we like him, he's a superhero but he's also really awkward and geeky and laughs at things that shouldn't be funny.
    Agreed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I oddly enjoy the first one more but think the second one is the better film, just not one I want to watch again. Go figure.

Thanks

I have to agree, the first one seemed very... self contained... The story and emotion were all conveyed well and there was a sense of closure yet continuation in the end sequence.
    From then on it kinda felt like the movies fell in with the monster of the week trope...

Two just felt out of place to me, and while three was good, they tried to do way too much. I do agree that maybe removing venom would rectify this, he wasnt well explained. Maybe if he were introduced in the beginning of three and have peter reject it, then it binds with brock and isnt seen for the rest of the movie, which concentrated on sandman and imply movie 4 would be about venom.

Also, saying this chap isnt fitted for peter parker kinda reminds me of a few years ago when people said toby would never pull it off...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...derman-moments

Pretty good reminder just how silly the first three were.

"So what do you want to do today?"

"Rob a bank."

"....that's kinda dark for yo-"

"ROB A BANK!"

"OKAY OKAY!"