Thread: Pokemon leaf green

Thanks

Default Pokemon leaf green

Hey I wonder what some tips are... for pokemon and such.

I notice things have changed
    ... and some haven't
    Kadabra/Alakazam still kicks lots of ass... and I'll be trying to go with confusion, psybeam, psychic and recover for its moves as I always do, I find this always is the best for them. ALWAYS.... if your moves on him differ by so much as a single move, your inferior to me, no argument.

I would like to ask about the best rock pokemon, I chose geodude which just evolved to graveler, but maybe I should wait till I meet Onyx?

I don't quite understand the importance of this item stealing business and the berries business for that matter either.
    But I'm kinda trying to train up a meowth so I can get in the know. Plus I love Persian and I love kitties

Also its so sad that the diglet/dugtrio place has become so crap.
    I used to LOVE training there... but now because of that arena trap i can't train the weak pokemons :'(

because of differences in this version from blue/red I wonder...
    What are good pokemon?
    I would safely say abra and geodude are good...
    I don't know about those ... pink pokemon... clefairy and chancey and such I've never played with them, I heard they had high HP and that they are decent...

wassup:
    hm... my pikachu sucks, it is about the same level as the enemies but gets it ass kicked against even birds and water pokemons !!!! but I remember from last time I played leaf green that raichu turns out to be ok ... don't ask how that works
    oh and my kadabra seems to have missed out on learning confusion! god damned babysitter dont trust old men that want to play with your pokemons!!! .......

Thanks

Seriously? It's pokemon. A kids game. Is it that hard?

Every pokemon is good. Just get a balance of all the types.

Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

It's not that simple

And no the game isn't too hard. I beat the Elite four and I just trained my Alakazam upto about level 80. My other Pokemon are Zapdos, Dragonite, Moltres, Lapras and a low level Raticate ( only used for it's strength, cut and rock smash HM's)

I can't get mewtwo yet on leafgreen. He's pretty tough so it will be good for me when I get him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falados View Post
    Seriously? It's pokemon. A kids game. Is it that hard?

Every pokemon is good. Just get a balance of all the types.
    It isn't hard and pretty much any monster can be made effective against the AI if you can spare the time grinding up their level. Competitive multiplayer on the other hand is a whole different beast. There are several tiers of usefulness once levels are equalled out. Although some less-used monsters are worth the lower numbers just to add a dash of unpredictability and force a bit of re-evaluation onto your opponent.

Oh, and the best Alakazam moveset is psychic/recover/calm mind/fire punch. Runs rampant through most stallers and phys. attackers, holds it's own against most any spec. attacker. On the flipside, it can't handle tanks and the build has been around so long that anyone who has a counter will hose you down for trying such an old trick.

Yes, in the past I was a terrible fanatic about the games.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 14th-November-2007 at 12:25.

Thanks

My team is always Charizard, Starmie, Digtrio and Alakazam, you'll need to wait awhile to catch a Staryu though. Don't use any others though the second gym is just murder for Charizard users. I recommend grabbing a Bellsprout to make it a little easier.

Brock is easier since Charmeleon can learn Iron Claw and Steel beats Rock.

Golem is actually sucky now, I mean REALLY sucky. Grab Onix instead and when you beat the Elite 4, evolve the thing into Steelix.

Chancey is fantastic once you are able to evolve it. But even then its useful. Not for the main game though, more for those player vs player battles.

Pikachu is stronger than Raichu now. Give Pikachu a Light Ball to double its Special Attack. Giving the Light Ball to Raichu does nothing.

Thanks

Ah thanks you two, both advice useful.

Can you teach me about breeding now?

I don't know what are good combo's to breed...
    I just spent ages leveling a abra till it learnt psychic ( used exp share item to level it on the machamp trainers on island one ) AND when I went to breed it with Gengar... I was told they would rather play with other pokemon than themselves... ! (that means they can't breed with each other doesn't it?)
    So yeah, what a waste...

Thanks
    EP Points

Dude, don't breed in Pokemon. It's just a big fat gimmick that wast'e time. Seriously, what's the point? You have to breed 2 of the same types of Pokemon resulting in just 1 of that type of Pokemon only much weaker than the parents! And for what, Ultra Growl?

I love the original Pokemon and in turn this thread's titular game, LeafGreen (had to get that particular colour for the name!) but Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters is sooo superior. So deep, loads of breeding combinations between monsters that actually result in an improved beast plus a completely new type! Try downloading Dragon Warrior Monsters for Gameboy Colour and see if you don't get addicted.

But anyway, I do love Pokemon Red. Used to be Venasaur, Gengar, Alakazam, Vileplume, Dugtrio and Vaporeaon for me.

Thanks

Breeding was the easiest way to manipulate stat DVs and the only way to get certain moves onto particular pokemon. Very important for competitive battling.