I'm sure many of us have been impatient and ended buying a console even when we knew there weren't enough interesting for us games and kinda regretted getting our shiny new gaming system. It happens a lot
But I'm not referring to that feeling but to that other that appears when a gaming system lifespan is coming to it's end and you look back to see that, for whatever reasons (high price you paid for, little use; you liked your friend's console better..), you've been disappointed by your purchase. Did it ever happen to you?

In my case that has to be the X360. When I bought it there was a bunch of exclusives I was looking forward to play (Project Gotham Racing, Gears of War, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, Lost Odyssey, etc), all good games, but what was supposed to be the general rule in a new gaming system (new, good exclusive games every year), ended abruptly when Microsoft decided that their sole interest was Kinect and there they centered all their efforts. Dreamcast aside, I don't recall a more effective fatality to end your own console (although, Sony is trying their best with Vita lately ).