Thread: Project 64 Emulator: Serious Performance Complications

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Project 64 Emulator: Serious Performance Complications

I've been tinkering away with my Project 64 emulator for a while now, but haven't been able to overcome the various performance issues it seems to have when running off of my laptop! First of all, various ROMs that I've tested out, such as F-Zero X and Starfox 64 ( among others ) , have SEVERE choppy sound and framerate issues that randomly come and go in spurts while I'm playing said games. No matter how many times I've attempted to remedy this issue in the various graphical/sound settings available, nothing seems to make the slightest difference!

Other ROMs, such as Diddy Kong Racing, seem to take it a step further and crash at random points during the emulation, bringing up an error message that says, "While processing graphics data an exception occurred, you may need to restart the emulator". This event appears to happen at random moments too, but it's almost guaranteed to occur eventually during certain periods of play.

The current graphics plugin I'm using is 'Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6' and the sound plugin I'm using is 'Jabo's DirectSound 1.6'. Is there anything that I can possibly do in order to alleviate these troublesome performance issues? Are there extra files that need to be downloaded in order to reinforce the quality of this emulator?

Just in case it's needed, here is the model name for the laptop I am currently running the Project 64 emulator off of: 'Presario CQ56 Notebook PC'
    Last edited by 8DXD8; 8th-June-2012 at 08:33.