Thread: SNK bought out by chinese company

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default SNK bought out by chinese company

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    A while ago, we reported that SNK Playmore was possibly in talks to be acquired by a Chinese company called Leyou Technologies. The news originated from a stock filing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Though the exact name of the target company was not identified in the document, the details highly suggest that it was SNK Playmore. Since then, things have been relatively quiet and just when one would think that the deal has gone south, more news have surfaced recently and it seems like the deal have taken a different turn.

In a surprising twist, two different companies – Oriental Securities and Shunrong Sanqi have established a joint venture called Zheyuan to invest in Ledo Millenium, a subsidiary of Leyou Technologies. Through Ledo Millenium, the newly formed joint venture will pay 63.5 million USD to acquire 81.25% of SNK Playmore’s shares directly from former SNK CEO Eikichi Kawasaki and wife Natsuyo Kawasaki. The shares will give them majority control of SNK Playmore. The acquisition puts SNK Playmore a valuation at 78 million USD. The transaction was finalized on 8/6/2015 in Osaka, Japan.

Dongfang Xinghui (subsidiary of Oriental Securities) will be the majority shareholder of the joint venture with 80% of the shares. The CEO of Dongfang Xingui, Zheng Jianhui commented that the main reason for their acquisition of SNK Playmore is their vast number of game IPs and the all the tie-ins the SNK characters are involved in. In particular, he mentioned that going forward they aim to follow the “Marvel formula,” where the Marvel Universe has branched off into different spaces including comics, games, television, and movies to form a complete and synergistic IP portfolio. He is also looking forward to collaborations with other Chinese companies to develop games, anime, manga, televisions, and movies in order to fully develop SNK’s intellectual property.

Shunrong Sanqi, the minority owner of the joint venture is a Chinese online gaming giant. The company has recently acquired stakes in various media companies. Their cofounder and director, Wu Xushun, has recently joined the ranks of online game billionaires.
    They went from bad to WORSE.

Thanks "original" SNK for the fun and memories.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

So SNK will be like a Chinese Marvel?
    Will Jackie Chan be involved with the movies?!??!!!!

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    They went from bad to WORSE.

Thanks "original" SNK for the fun and memories.
    I, like, don't care. SNK hasn't done jack shit lately, and didn't have any future plans I was aware of. They could've gone bankrupt and I wouldn't have been shocked. Sounds like the new owners actually want to do a bunch of things, so umm, good for them.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I, like, don't care. SNK hasn't done jack shit lately, and didn't have any future plans I was aware of. They could've gone bankrupt and I wouldn't have been shocked. Sounds like the new owners actually want to do a bunch of things, so umm, good for them.
    What I meant by original SNK, before they went bankrupt in 2000 and turned to absolute crap.

I was not impressed or amused with KOF13, how everyone went gaga over it is beyond me, the enhanced ports of KOF 98 and 2002 were probably Playmores best work but thats not saying much.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, their slide to useless was definitely that Playmore merger.

KoF13 was obviously crap. I'm not even much of a fighting game fan and it was obvious to me. I'm guessing the fans that loved it simply were running on nostalgia. Which is fair enough, but the thing wasn't marketed that way at all.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ya 2 of playmores saving graces were the KOF 98/02 Enhanced ports, they were actually good , KOF MI series is fun and of course, canceled the last part of it.

Thanks

ok, ok...okey ! BUT... are they going to greenlight Garou 2? That's all i care about right now, and a new Real Bount, and a new Art of fighting? One can dream