Thread: Download Issues

Thanks

Default Download Issues

Having trouble downloading anything to 100%, site seems too cut off my downloads at random points, from instantly or 30sec into downloading. even used jdownloader too see if it would help but it just says host problem, stops the download and will not resume.

any info would be great thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Could you please tell which files you were trying to get? Makes it easier to track down any issue we might have.

Thanks

final fantasy 7 (E) disc 1 and final fantsy 8 disc 1, seems to be anything that is large file, but it could easily be a problem on my end, but i havent been able to final a solution so far

Thanks
    EP Points

Could you please try switching to FTP as your download method and see if that helps?

Also, what link does jdownloader capture? That way I can check that specific server for issues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MasJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I tried downloading the DS game The World Ends With You. One, I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but the server number started with 62, it would download up to 25% then the download failed every time. The second one I tried, server number 192.211.61.66, downloaded fine, but in game the bottom screen was pitch black dark with the exception of the icons on the top right corner of the bottom screen and the icon showing the way to the next area, now background, no character shown, I was basically playing blind, then after saving and quitting, when I went back to start playing again there was no way to go back to load my saved game, and since I couldn't do that, I was about to start the game over, but then the game basically froze, or at least the beginning of the game didn't start. Now I tried redownloading it a third time, and so far this game server, number 162.212.58.42, is doing the same thing as the first download, downloaded to only 25% then failing. All this, and with full wifi. (Btw, yes, I'm on a smart phone.)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrix View Post
    I tried downloading the DS game The World Ends With You. One, I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but the server number started with 62, it would download up to 25% then the download failed every time. The second one I tried, server number 192.211.61.66, downloaded fine, but in game the bottom screen was pitch black dark with the exception of the icons on the top right corner of the bottom screen and the icon showing the way to the next area, now background, no character shown, I was basically playing blind, then after saving and quitting, when I went back to start playing again there was no way to go back to load my saved game, and since I couldn't do that, I was about to start the game over, but then the game basically froze, or at least the beginning of the game didn't start. Now I tried redownloading it a third time, and so far this game server, number 162.212.58.42, is doing the same thing as the first download, downloaded to only 25% then failing. All this, and with full wifi. (Btw, yes, I'm on a smart phone.)
    I've tested all the downloads via mobile and they all went to 100%. It might have been a temporary network issue. Did you try changing your download method to FTP?

Also, what are you using to play the game? Are you on an emulator or a flash cart?

Thanks
    EP Points

got the same problem. please check my screenshot for more info. Thanks.

jkgruEV.jpg

Thanks
    EP Points

Some users have this kind of issue. I would recommend just switching your download mode to FTP on the download page. It'll complete easily.

Thanks
    EP Points

What do you mean by FTP?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

There are options for downloads. Different servers (US/EU) and HTTP/FTP.
    Try changing to FTP, as HTTP is the default.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I am having trouble downloading gamecube ISOs. Everytime I go to extract them, it says there is data at the end of this file. Then when I try to mount the ISO, I get a corrupted image/file error. I tried two different gamecube ISOS and got the same error.

EDIT: I am using 7zip to extract the files.
    Last edited by LeftyGuitar; 7th-December-2015 at 05:00.