Page 116 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 4010

Thread: The Skype-Out: Nothing butt sex. Or so they say.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anyone watch Outbreak Company yet?

Love it.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I haven't seriously watched anime in a while.

Shit's awful.

AWFUL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post

Shit's awful.

AWFUL.

Kinda like todays gaming.

Can still find a few gems in a sea of shit.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Kinda like todays gaming.

Can still find a few gems in a sea of shit.
    Not really, no.

I don't really have to look to find a dozen or so games that interest me from this year.

Finding even one anime a season that isn't completely awful?

That's hard as balls.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

After neglecting it for quite a while, I finally dusted off my Neo-Geo. Trying to get some 1CCs on a couple shmups currently. I can consistently get to the final stage in Aerofighters 2, so that one is just within my grasp. Pulstar on the other hand is pretty damn hard, though I can usually get through the first half of the game fairly easily.

I should take a break though, maybe drink some tea and re-focus a bit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post

Shit's awful.

AWFUL.

Same here man, if I do watch any anime it's usually the usual 80s era anime movies that I've watched a dozen times. Though when I had Crunchyroll a while back, I watched a couple series that weren't too bad. Air Master, Magi, and Level E come to mind. Though yeah, most of the crap out there is the typical high school setting, up-skirt, cookie-cutter character garbage.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

BB why not make a new cab for the MVS eh?

and regarding anime you can grab the oldies offa nyaa and anime tosho, tosho has DDLs

Vampire Hunter D is DA SHIT.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    BB why not make a new cab for the MVS eh?

and regarding anime you can grab the oldies offa nyaa and anime tosho, tosho has DDLs

Vampire Hunter D is DA SHIT.
    It'd be better to actually find a real Big Red, and restore it if need be. Or maybe even save up some cash and try and get myself a Japanese candy cab. Though I'm not really in a rush, since I'm currently playing my CMVS through component on a 32" CRT. Which is bigger than your typical arcade monitor anyway.

Yeah, I used to go to nyaa, or baka torrents when I was watching a lot of anime. I should go back and finally finish the original HNK series. Though I don't know how many times I can watch Ken's shirt explode.

The original Vampire Hunter D is awesome. The sequel wasn't too bad either, but it kind of lacked the spirit of the original. Though the animation was fairly top-notch for it's time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    It'd be better to actually find a real Big Red, and restore it if need be. Or maybe even save up some cash and try and get myself a Japanese candy cab. Though I'm not really in a rush, since I'm currently playing my CMVS through component on a 32" CRT. Which is bigger than your typical arcade monitor anyway.

Yeah, I used to go to nyaa, or baka torrents when I was watching a lot of anime. I should go back and finally finish the original HNK series. Though I don't know how many times I can watch Ken's shirt explode.

The original Vampire Hunter D is awesome. The sequel wasn't too bad either, but it kind of lacked the spirit of the original. Though the animation was fairly top-notch for it's time.
    ya man, go to anime tosho, all the shits DDL.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

32" CRT rules

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    32" CRT rules
    For pre-HD consoles it most certainly does. Especially if you have scart cables for your consoles, and a scart->component converter. Because unfortunately US TV sets don't have stock RGB, unlike most PAL sets. Unless you can get your hands on a professional monitor such as a Sony PVM/BVM, which do have pure RGB in. I haven't had any luck finding one of those in my area though...

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah not all PAL CRT tvs here had scart. Pretty sure I've only ever had one with that myself (a Philips)
    There was a largish widescreen Teac CRT kicking around at my folks place for a bit that had scart, but the tube was shit and it was binned.

My Sony Trinitron has a decent tube. Unfortunately it isn't 720p capable.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I think Gyp may have a large CRT that is 720p.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Having a weaboo crisis at the moment. I rewatched Evangelion a few weekends back and it’s made me realise how terrible most of the anime I watch actually is.

I was amazed to find it still hits all the same notes it did when I first saw it all those years ago. I already liked anime back then, but Eva was the first I really connected with. Don’t know if I just happened to watch it at the right time, but I’ve never found another show that affected me on the same level. Serial Experiments Lain is about the only series that comes close to evoking that same sense of hopelessness and psychological despair.
    Did someone say weeaboo?

Thanks
    EP Points

I sleep now. See you later lads