I managed to find a Microsoft memory card for under $10. I also have a broken generic xbox controller something wrong with the left analog tried to fix it, turns out those shoulder buttons are not nice to assembly. It's made by pelican with the gamestop logo, I actually have two withe the gamestop logo, both look different. I want to wire the memory card slot from the dead controller with a usb cable, so I can back up the memorycard on my computer, this should work right? can anyone tell me the order for the wires, if I'm looking at the memorycard slot, with the split to the left, so there is a slat with two connections, then to the right is the slat with 3?

I read the original xbox memorycards were essentially overpriced usb drives, but what about the xbox 360 memorycards, those are very cheap, do they use the same wiring? Lastly, is the xbox gameshark cable anything more then what I'm trying to make?

ps: I cleaned the residue from the sticker on the front with wd-40 and the serial number rubbed off, doesn't bother me but oops.