Thread: Queer ROM files for Dolphin

Thanks

Default Queer ROM files for Dolphin

Let's get to the point.

Now, I'm no stranger to emulation. I download a thing, open the .iso file in dolphin and play the game. ----- both use this method and it's worked well thus far (---- is down and ----- is worthless now with the takedown) however I have fallen into a bit of a predicament. Whenever I download a rom from emuparadise, I get a "USA_GC-RARE" named file. This wouldn't be much of a problem at all - what's in a name? However, whenever I open the .rar, I get a .zip which then leads to a whole metric fuck-ton of .rars alongside one .nfo and one .sfv - which I have no clue what to do with.

I'm not stupid - i tried looking up the issue and I downloaded MagicISO, and I understand when I'm out of my league. Could a kind soul help me out? All I want to do is play Super Monkey Ball 2, not own the world*.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 27th-July-2015 at 10:17. Reason: off site mentiosn removed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah those sites are great Why are you here exactly?

You're probably getting a scene release (scene releases are pretty much split archives) inside a single archive.
    Extract the split archive from the first part only (might be .001 extension).
    Use 7zip, it will handle everything but the very odd and rare rar5 archive type iirc
    Always use 7zip for everything, and resort to winrar only if you have to (also check file associations in winrar...you do not want .iso associated with winrar).

It would probably help if you posted a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

http://gyazo.com/ae012cdc271d5a0ec6ae043d791875b1

This is inside the .zip which is inside the .rar - do I just clikc the .00 and extract to a new folder or do do the one that houses the .00? I tried extracting the .00 and it just extracted what's inside of it and not all of the other ones.

And i'm using this because --- is down and I'd like to understand how to use a new website, better to have more than less right?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 27th-July-2015 at 23:39. Reason: offsite mention removed

Thanks
    EP Points

Choose extract here for the .rar after part 18 sometimes that's the first one depending how it was split. Sometimes it's done that way. You'll have your game in no time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

@OP: Ok stop mentioning any other sites like that please.

Spoiler warning: