Thread: Please Help Me T-T (PSP Emulation)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Please Help Me T-T (PSP Emulation)

I download Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (USA) from here and I got the PPSSPP emulator from their site, The game FPS-wise runs beautifully and looks amazing but there is two issues, 1. Almost always crashed after Cecil say's "Damnation" in intro after monsters attack the airship. 2. Random Crashes, I was able to get passed for first issue like two times out of the 6 times I tried but It kept crashing randomly once I got into the overworld.

Why is this happening? Is it the Rom or the emulator? (By the way I did try JPCSP, but the game looks horrible, FPS is horrible, and the presentation of the emulator is just bad in my opinion) Please someone help a fellow RPG lover out T-T

Thanks
    EP Points

Which PPSSPP version? did you run on default settings?
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm sorry for not giving further details

At first I was using 1.0.1 with default settings, then I noticed on the download page for the ISO that the most reccomended emulator for the game was PPSSPP Version 0.7.6 so I downloaded that version and got a black screen when I tried to load the ISO, Finally I downloaded Version 1.0.1-782-ge3b6e35 and it didn't crash after Cecil said "Damnation" on the intro but I was still getting random crashes on the overworld

So what I decided to do was change some of the settings around, I changed the Rendering Mode "Backend" to Direct3D9 and I changed the PSP Model to 1000, with these settings I was able to play for an hour without any crashes but I want to be sure it's fixed for good

What do you guys think?

(PS. Sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong area)

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't say for sure, since the crashes can still happen though, which is very random while playing this game on PPSSPP.

Just go through the game, and see how it goes. Minimize the use of savestates if you can and mainly use the ingame save point.

No worries, you posted on the right area.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I played all night last night and a couple hours this morning, No crashes at all so maybe its fixed? I dunno.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Buildbot is your friend

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Latest build of ppsspp is always on the top.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well It seems like Im no longer getting any crashes, but If anything else happens I'll let you guys know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GodAyato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry for not replying for a while, I finished FFIV a couple of days ago (It was an amazing game, I'm so glad I played it) and I didn't have any problems at all, So I'm guessing the changes that I made fixed it for good, you may close this thread now and thank you guys for all your help

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Remember you can just overwrite your ppsspp directory with the latest build, no need to screw around setting it back up.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I only changed the things I mentioned above, so it's all good