Thread: What's the best free PSX emulator for Android tablets?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default What's the best free PSX emulator for Android tablets?

I see that there are only 2 PSX emulators on the Google Play Store. These are "ePSXe for Android" and "FPse for android". The problem is, those aren't free. They are over 3 dollars each. Your webpage http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...tors/Android/2 lists several emulators, who's APK files can be downloaded directly from your site. However, these aren't listed on the Google Play Store. Google tends to only allow the best apps on their store, blocking or removing those they deem to be low quality apps. So the best apps are the ones I find on the official Google Play Store. But neither of these PSX emulators are free. And I can assume that the ones you offer for free download here, because they are not on the Google Play Store, are not among the best PSX emulators for Android.

So my question is this. Among the apps that are free (the ones available on your download page, as there are none on the Google Play Store), which are the best of them? I want to make sure that I get one that has the largest compatibility for as many games as possible, but also runs at a decent speed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

On the page you linked there are several versions of 2 emulators. One listing of each emulator has a link to the original site. Your best bet to find out about the compatibility of each emulator is to go to that site and have a look around.

Ok, looks like the PSX4droid page is no help at all. The FPSE link shows links to an FAQ and forums so you should be able to find your info there.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Also keep in mind that even though they list a price you can sometimes get a free version even in the google store. Can't remember how it's done though or if thier were free versions of these but it's worth a google search.

I've used psx4droid, Fpse and EPSXE. Epsxe is the best imo.

*waits for GoB to post something about Retroarch*

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thats right Zal!

PCSX ReARMed through Retroarch is the best PSX emu on android.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.