Thread: GCN Iso not loading

Thanks

Unhappy GCN Iso not loading

Everytime i try to get a GCN iso it always downloads as a media center file and does not load on dolphin. I'm very new to GCN emulation and I don't know what im doing wrong please help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can you post few screenshots of the files? Did you download it from here?
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Every GCN (Nintendo Gamecube) download I've downloaded is a .rar by default. First you extract the folder inside the .rar or the .rar itself - either way does not matter one bit. Second you go into the extracted folder (or the folder inside the folder if you did it the second way) to find a bunch of .rar and .rXX (where XX is a sequential list of numbers) files, an .nfo file, and possibly a .sfv file. None of these files matter to you right now - KEEP THEM! But ignore them - other than the one that ends in .rar (or in one case thus far: .part01.rar). Extract this file and your extractor should extract all parts into one file. Some of these will have the extension .gcm instead of .iso. You will need to rename them .iso. Some will say it's unsafe to rename an extension due to possible corruption. This only applies if the file is currently in use in which case your OS shouldn't allow you to rename it; or if something makes changes to the file before or after changing the extension like an anti-malware scanner sometimes does. Lastly you do not want to launch a GCN .iso from the file itself. Run Dolphin and point it to your folder for GCN games and it'll preload info for them all and you can launch them from there.