Thread: how do import save from zsnes to snes9x android?

Thanks

Default android and Toshiba Satellite save state

Hi I'm new here I'm trying to make compatible my chrono trigger save state on my computer with my phone. It would be great it is difficult. It originally uploaded all the game but since I progressed on my computer it hasn't been able to load the zsnes states to the snes9x. I can't even shift files location on this galaxy without my computer. Can someone help techno handicapped person? Experts only.

Also I'm looking to begin opening roms like on http://tcrf.net and I don't know how. I want to be able to write patches for an mmo or something with 16 or 32 bit graphics. Or just to link up over the Internet and duel profiles. Any programs or interfaces recommended? Any thing like this been done before?
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 20th-July-2015 at 19:17. Reason: Double post

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

battery saves can be moved from one emulator to another much easier than save states that not only change from emulator to emulator but also change with each version or each emulator partly because they save the state of the emulator as well as the state of the game

second post you are not clear what you are wanting to do romhacking.net might have what you are looking for though under Utilities
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-July-2015 at 13:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

*removed* call me up man
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 20th-July-2015 at 19:16. Reason: removed phone number

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not going to happen, asides from anything you may of noticed I am from the UK

I also do not recommend posting numbers online in an open conversation or even in a closed convo for that matter

You have no idea who I am or anyone else that visits the site

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default how do import save from zsnes to snes9x android?

That says it.

What is a save state decompressor?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 20th-July-2015 at 23:03. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Assuming you're talking about hard saves (not save states), find the .srm file for the rom you're playing on your android device (take note of the filename), and replace it with the .srm file from your computers emulator folder, renaming it so it matches the one on the android device. As far as I'm aware (someone correct me if I'm wrong), save state files aren't interchangeable between zsnes and snes9x, so if you're trying to copy those over you're most likely SOL.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by silvergoat88 View Post
    What is a save state decompressor?
    I would assume that save states are compressed so would need to be decompressed to work with other ports as long as the other port is based on the exact same version then you may be able to use it otherwise it will not be usable as save states are different to every revision of an emulator because the memory used changes with each version of said emulator you also can not exchange save states between different emulators, I would assume you can't use it though and decompression is possibly just for anyone wanting to hack into a savestate rather than to use it with another port of the same emulator

Battery saves can be exchanged between emulators though, it is just save states that can not, because they are different between emulators and versions of each emulator

P.S. this was already asked in another thread, therefore merged

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    save state files aren't interchangeable between zsnes and snes9x, so if you're trying to copy those over you're most likely SOL.
    Yup as I said before in the other thread (now merged) asides from savestates changing between versions of each emulators and different emulators they also save the state of the emulator itself and can not be exchanged it is only a battery save that can be exchanged.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-July-2015 at 07:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]