Thread: power outages and handheld gaming

Thanks
    EP Points

Default power outages and handheld gaming

I'm bored so I thought I'd see what my fellow EP members would pick for handheld gaming during a power outage.
    you have 1 choice for a handheld and 1 game you can play on it during a power outage, what system and game do you pick?

I'd pick a gameboy advance sp and tetris worlds.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I'd like to pick my PSP, but in the event of a power outage it's likely to have had its battery self-discharge since my last play time > a month ago.

So I'd pick a GBA SP too, and I think I'd go for Zelda: Link to the Past. I'd generally prefer to play some random RPG I've never finished, and I've already beaten LttP a bunch of times before, which is exactly why I'd pick it. I can just quit playing after 15 minutes or 5 hours when the power comes back, without particularly worrying about what I was doing.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PSP 1000 and my Triforce Gold DS Lite.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

So, you're going to attempt to insert your PSP into your DS? I don't think that will work...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

THAT SOUNDS LIKE QUITTER TALK RAGNAR!

It turns out I know my answer since the power went out on me a couple weeks or so ago and I played SRW OG on my ds lite.

Thanks
    EP Points

Probably PSP with Genesis emulator and Speedball 2. Simple, fairly long running (if you play the league mode) and like Ragnar said, easy to just put aside once the power comes back on.

Thanks
    EP Points

For me it's going to be something on my Vita (atm probably Dangan Ronpa), or a super Robot Wars on my GBA SP

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I'd like to pick my PSP, but in the event of a power outage it's likely to have had its battery self-discharge since my last play time > a month ago.

So I'd pick a GBA SP too, and I think I'd go for Zelda: Link to the Past. I'd generally prefer to play some random RPG I've never finished, and I've already beaten LttP a bunch of times before, which is exactly why I'd pick it. I can just quit playing after 15 minutes or 5 hours when the power comes back, without particularly worrying about what I was doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Probably PSP with Genesis emulator and Speedball 2. Simple, fairly long running (if you play the league mode) and like Ragnar said, easy to just put aside once the power comes back on.
    thats kinda my thinking. the power goes out you don't know how long it's going to be out you just want something to pass the time till the powers back on you just want something you ca pick and play and put down when your ready or the powers back on.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Definitely not a Gameboy ive tried .

2DS and Final Fantasy Curtain Call nice time waster with music why not.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

I whould go for the NDS Lite and "Legend of the River King: Mystic Valley".
    Endless grinding fun and it teaches me which fish is good and how to catch them!

Thanks

I'd prolly grab my 3DS and my copy of Medarot 8. The gameplay is solid and based on customization, so it doesnt get boring very quickly, plus it doesnt take a lot of focus to play since it is more or less turn-based.