Thread: Disgaea Series PPSSPP Bug

Thanks

Default Disgaea Series PPSSPP Bug

Now I know the title is a bit confusing, but it's just a summary on a bug I just noticed from emulating Disgaea 2 DHD/Disgaea Infinity/Prinny/Prinny 2 (Disgaea Series with exception to Disgaea AoD since it's the ONLY one working perfectly) on PPSSPP.

Bug: Audio Voices tend to disappear midway in-game. (Although I can tell there's a progressing disappearance while playing the Prinny Series because of voices totally disappearing till reset/load-state point)
    Emulator: PPSSPP v1.0.1

I want to fully enjoy the slapstick jokes of Disgaea WITH sounds so.... Welp!
    Eating cookies while playing a game. One Cookie at a time.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you using the latest nightly builds?

You may want to browse the ppsspp forum and github issues page and see if the problem has been reported.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I agree. By reading through the PPSSPP forums, I stumbled upon someone who had audio issues but it was apparently resolved after downloading the newest build.
    You can grab them here and see if it works out: http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

Thanks

Sadly, I'm already using the newest one in addition to DLing it again just to be sure but still didn't work. Oh well, gonna wait for the new revision of PPSSPP for me to try again.

EDIT: Oh, I found what Warrior meant. You mean get a new BUILD from buildbot.orphis etc...... It works, on D-Infinite. Haven't tried it yet on others. Let you guys know if I find the bug again later on.
    Last edited by Yoruma; 19th-July-2015 at 09:59.
    Eating cookies while playing a game. One Cookie at a time.

Thanks
    EP Points

i can't help but think that making a thread over on the ppsspp forums about these bugs and other problems would be helpful to development of the emulator as well.

just don't mention ANYTHING like how you "downloaded" the iso from *insert website name here* (basically don't mention piracy in any way) or they'll probably ban you on site instantly on the very first offense without warning. they tend to be pretty strict about the whole anti-piracy stuff on the ppsspp and pcsx2 forums (never happened to me but i remember seeing threads where other people slipped up and got banned for that) which imo is actually a pretty stupid ban reason due to it being a forum for an emulator since that pretty much implies piracy of games in some way(s) or another. oh well, they're site, they're rules.
    Last edited by treos; 19th-July-2015 at 12:19. Reason: forgot the 2 on pcsx