Thread: Satoru Iwata passed away at the age of 55. Rest in Peace :(

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Unhappy Satoru Iwata passed away at the age of 55. Rest in Peace :(

I woke up to this sad new, the President of Nintendo died 2 days ago due to known health issues.

He'll be missed and his legacy will always include the launch of that printing money machine that was the original Wii console which helped to expand the videogames industry making our hobby more accessible to everyone.

For those of you who want to have a look at his merits at the videogames industry, read this article IGN published some years ago:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...s-satoru-iwata

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Iwata-san

Rest in Peace.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I honestly can't believe it myself. He will be sincerely missed amongst the gaming community.

Rest in Peace Mr. Iwata; Your legacy shall live on through everything you had a hand in.
    Last edited by noraxakun; 13th-July-2015 at 16:49. Reason: Cannot into spelling :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cancer claims another way too young.

Thanks
    EP Points

These... These fucking got me... Right in the feels http://www.gamnesia.com/news/fans-sh...watas-passing1

R.I.P Iwata-san... R.I.P

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't stop reading these Iwata posts/articles I really feel somethin on this occassion.

Had I not known who he was I wouldn't even be affected but I do thanks to Nintendo Direct and the fact his name is always at the end of the credits.

Iwata your a great guy and we'll be great fans in your honor by continuing to be a gamer even if its not a Nintendo game.

Peace out bud may that magic beanstalk lead to the Promised Land.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Very saddening news. RIP Iwata.