Thread: Again: BT connect problem with iMac to DS4

Thanks

Default Again: BT connect problem with iMac to DS4

hi,

just found a thread in here which presents the same problem i got (http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-OS-X-Yosemite)

unfortunately it's closed. so here i sit, trying to find this file everyone is talking about, not just in this forum (/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist) but i just don't find it. it does not seem to exist anywhere on my computer.

so please, anyone, anywhere.. any suggestions?

Thanks
    EP Points

OK, so there's two Library folders in OS X. One in your user folder, and another in the root of the hard drive. You want the latter.

Open a new Finder window, and in the menu bar click Finder -> Preferences -> Sidebar. Look at the Devices list and tick the box next to Hard Disks. Macintosh HD should now appear in the sidebar. Click on it, navigate to Library/Preferences and the file should be right there.

Thanks

thank you very much for your quick reply!
    i did as you said, yet there are more problems coming up.

1. in the osx systems folder (the correct one now) is no folder called preferences

2. the prefrences panes folder though includes files that seem helpful in that regard. but still i'm sceptical if thats one i can delete without getting any trouble with the os (or bluetooth devices in general) later on.

3. when i search the library folder for "com.apple.bluetooth" these files show up, although they seem to have a different root then the preference folder:

i hope the screenshots illustrate my problem furthermore and it can help figuring out what on earth i'm doing wrong. (or whats wrong with my computer)
    thanks in advance for investing any more time into my troubles, really appreciate it!