Thread: Flawless FF7 Emulation on Android? ePSXe?

Thanks

Question Flawless FF7 Emulation on Android? ePSXe?

I've been away from the emulator scene for a long time, but given the recent news of the FF7 Remake I wanted to play through the original one more time.
    I'm using my NVIDIA Shield Portable as my emulation platform. I have the most recent versions of FPSe and ePSXe, but man have the options and settings changed.
    There's so much more to choose from now so I could only assume that REALLY close quality to the original is more or less achievable. I'm not looking for fancy shaders or anything like that.
    Can anyone recommend an optimal set up for FF7 on either piece of software for my platform? I've been tweaking but it seems every time I touch something things break even more.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

sorry no one has answered your Q

I have no knowledge of emulating on an android device as I have consoles both portable and TV ones that can play this game just fine

but I can point you to PC settings for the game within ePSXe if that is any help

for basics though there is a graphics fix under special fixes for FF7 only enable that one fix do not try enabling everything because that will cause more problems than it will fix asides from that there realy should not be any other fixes required

anyway psxdatacenter.com has settings for just about every PSX game there is but please be aware there are aimed at PC users so not all of the settings will be there in the android port that again I have not even looked at

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you want a virtually pain free experience I suggest you give Retroarch a try on android and/or PC.

Retroarch uses the Mednafin PSX emulator as its core on PC and PCSXR as its core on ARM devices.

I have yet to try any ARM devices since I own none but Mednafin through Retroarch is as close to the real console as you are going to get, you can use a good shader to make it look much better such as xBR and various other very nifty shaders for overall image modification, shaders are not just for image enhancement.

If you wish to get it running on windows feel free to ask me and I will help you get it set up.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for taking time to write responses guys. These are great resources. I'll be sure to test them out this weekend.