Thread: Interest in the Borderlands games

Thanks

Default Interest in the Borderlands games

This is my first post on this forum in entirety. I knew of it's existence, just never had the opportunity in life to sit in front of a computer other than work for more than 15 minutes.

I would like to access some brain chambers here. Who is into Borderlands, 2, and the pre-sequal? Is this a series I should sit in front of my friend's XBOX 360 wasting my life away on? It had me laughing so much, I almost spilled my drink. Then I yelled at my buddy for turning the video on. Something about a Meat Bicycle. It was the fact he was poking me in the shin with a curtain rod to egg it on that made me want to punch him.

I'm 27, and haven't sat in front of a Game Consule since the Playstation 2. A lot of my life is spent in a Linux terminal or in front of broken hardware, or lifting boxes at work. What IS the internet anymore? :/ I've downloaded from this website for years but not actually created an account at its forums.

I won't leech ever again, I promise.

Moderator note: Please move to Gaming. I really am a weirdo.
    Last edited by jackedsoul; 16th-June-2015 at 22:15.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Moved to GG

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I'm also 27, and spent more than 500 hours across 360 and PC playing BL2. I'm currently burnt out on it, and am skipping the pre-sequel and just waiting for 3.

That said, it's pretty damn fun. Gameplay is basically a cross between Diablo and an FPS. Lots of random loot collecting, and RPG style classes and skills to level up. I found the 360 to be frustrating because of the control scheme; mouse and keyboard is best (as is normal for FPSes). The pre-sequel is actually for Linux, so you won't even have to reboot if you want to play it. 2 might've been retrofitted to work on it too, but I forget offhand. Game is fun and playable single-player, but really shines with a partner or three.

Story is pretty good. The world is fairly well realized. It really shines in terms of character. Everyone you interact with is a personality, nearly always funny, and even a little dramatic sometimes. When you meet them in person the animation is stiff and repetitive, but most of the interaction is through radio chatter, so as to not impede your blasting of stuff.

If you like FPSes and/or RPGs, then yeah, I highly recommend it.
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

Thanks
    EP Points

I have close to 900h on Borderlands 2 and 220+ on TPS on my steam account. Pre-Sequel is kinda meh (but I'm still playing it from time to time), but B2 is just amazing, humor, huge amount of bosses and levels. Jack is best game antagonist since Shodan. He is funny and sadistic crazy at the same time. I think Borderlands 3 will never reach level of second one, B2 is just to good.

Remember this?

https://youtu.be/MrRQjRawuz4?t=18s

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you don't think Pre-Sequel is the best game of the bunch, you aren't playing as Fragtrap.

Maniacal Laughter skill is Everything.

I never made it through BL2, probably because I played it on PS3 and consoles are crap. I honestly really wanted to see Butt Stallion.
    BL1 an TPS I own on Steam so will always have them.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.