Thread: Have a question (internet connection speed)

Thanks

Question Have a question (internet connection speed)

Hi everyone i have a question about on how to speed up my internet i got high speed internet not fiber ops and i trying to download computer game on steam okay here the problem my internet download is about 189 to 207 kb/sec like for example i try to download Gta 5 from steam the game is about 59.1 Gb it took me a week to finish downloading it that really sucks so i search the internet for alternative i came across a article that said i can use a special router that can increase my internet speed but i have no idea if it truth ?????

Thanks
    EP Points

Call your ISP and tell them you have speed issues. They have to fix it. Don't buy "internet speed increasing" software or hardware. They rarely do anything. The problem is either the ISP or the phone line in both cases you should contact your ISP to sort it out.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Call your ISP and tell them you have speed issues. They have to fix it. Don't buy "internet speed increasing" software or hardware. They rarely do anything. The problem is either the ISP or the phone line in both cases you should contact your ISP to sort it out.
    already did that and they said that it working fine they check the phone line and everything they said there is no issues all i can say this really bites that why i am asking if there is a alternative way to boost up my internet speed ????

Thanks
    EP Points

If you have a mobile phone or another computer, check with that to see how your download speed is. You can also google websites that do speed testing (like speedtest.net ) and see how your speed actually is. If you want my advice don't purchase anything that promises to increase internet speed they almost never work.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Well i check at the website as you recommended and this is my speed (Ping 20ms download speed 1.53mbps and upload speed 0.55mbps) that is my actual internet speed i am still looking for a way to increase my download speed but that can be hard to do.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If that's what you're paying for then you can't increase the speed. Upgrade to a faster package.
    If you're using dsl/adsl (over a phone line) it's capable of higher speeds than that. Up to about 10Mbit or something like that iirc.

Edit:
    Actually, older dslam at the exchange might limit the max capable speed to only 6-8Mbit or so.
    I'm still using 1.5 atm.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 5th-June-2015 at 15:22.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If that's what you're paying for then you can't increase the speed. Upgrade to a faster package.
    If you're using dsl/adsl (over a phone line) it's capable of higher speeds than that. Up to about 10Mbit or something like that iirc.

Edit:
    Actually, older dslam at the exchange might limit the max capable speed to only 6-8Mbit or so.
    I'm still using 1.5 atm.
    Okay well i did some more research and i fond out that i can increase my internet speed a other way by changing the dns server i fond some youtube video that explain how i can do that however i don't no if it recommended

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    Okay well i did some more research and i fond out that i can increase my internet speed a other way by changing the dns server i fond some youtube video that explain how i can do that however i don't no if it recommended
    If that is the speed you're paying for, no trick, software, or device will increase your speed. In that case your speed is bottlenecked at the ISP, nothing you do on your end will change it sorry.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks

Sigh oh well thank anyway