Thread: [NDS] Animal Crossing Wild World Audio problems

Thanks

Default [NDS] Animal Crossing Wild World Audio problems

Hi there!

I just can't get Animal Crossing Wild World to run properly. The sound keeps on stuttering and cracking, it's just horrible. If I use No$GBA 2.6a the results are the worst. If I use Desmume 0.9.11 instead the sound seems fine at first, but as soon as I enter a building, I get the most terrifiyng sound-experience ever. Sounds like two robot-alien-things mating, or something like that.

I'm totally out of ideas what to do here. Anyone out there who can help me with this? Pretty please?

Thanks
    EP Points

That sounds reeeally serious indeed.

Anyway, try using different combination for the Sound Settings, particularly for the Synchronization Mode and Method. (e.g Synchronous + Sync Method P)

If nothing changes, upload your save file (not savestates) here. See if I can reproduce the problem.

and which region is it?
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    That sounds reeeally serious indeed.
    I know, right?

Anyway, try using different combination for the Sound Settings, particularly for the Synchronization Mode and Method. (e.g Synchronous + Sync Method P)

If nothing changes, upload your save file (not savestates) here. See if I can reproduce the problem.

and which region is it?
    I tried all possibly combinations for the sound settings, but nothing changed. I'm using the EU-Version of the game, but US-Version gives me the same results.

So here is my savegame, although it's just a test-savegame, 'cause I don't want to play with this soundbugs. Try entering a building and you'll hear disturbing sounds.
    http://www.file-upload.net/download-...--EU-.dsv.html

Thanks
    EP Points

The game runs just fine on my computer, but yeah a crackling sound can be heard whenever you enter a building, and changing the sound settings didn't fix the problem as well.

Previous version of Desmume (0.9.10/0.9.9/0.9.8) also yield the same result.

Not sure why, but I tried the US version of the game and it didn't have any sound issues though.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Not sure why, but I tried the US version of the game and it didn't have any sound issues though.
    Huh... Thanks for checking it out anyway. Does that mean, the EU-version of that rom is just kind of faulty?

Oh and you're right, the US-version runs smoothly. Guess I used the wrong sound-settings last time I tried. Well fine then, no german ACWW for me. English it is. My grammar sure isn't perfect, but my english-skills aren't THAT bad, I guess.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sabishi1985 View Post
    Huh... Thanks for checking it out anyway. Does that mean, the EU-version of that rom is just kind of faulty?

Oh and you're right, the US-version runs smoothly. Guess I used the wrong sound-settings last time I tried. Well fine then, no german ACWW for me. English it is. My grammar sure isn't perfect, but my english-skills aren't THAT bad, I guess.
    Can't say for sure, but most likely the problem is related to the emulator itself, as the problem happen randomly when I tested it out few times (give up testing it because of the mole ).
    vc3 released.

Thanks

Can't say for sure, but most likely the problem is related to the emulator itself, as the problem happen randomly when I tested it out few times (give up testing it because of the mole ).
    You think it's the emulators fault? Hm. Interesting. Maybe I'll try playing it with my old Acekard. If the soundbug doesn't show up there, you're right.

EDIT: Woah, you're good! It played just fine on my Acekard2i... So it really IS Desmumes fault. :/
    Last edited by Sabishi1985; 21st-May-2015 at 11:34.