Thread: Spongebob Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (GameCube ISO) Does not Work

Thanks

Default Spongebob Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (GameCube ISO) Does not Work

Yeah i'm having kind of bad luck with this game here.
    I originally bought it from my game store , it came with a disc that was so scratched it wouldn't play, so I decided to get a new disc for it from them, they gave me a new disc that then was scratched as well. The next time I got this was on EBay and though the seller claimed it was in "Very Good Condition" when it arrived in the mail it obviously was not and it had scratches and smudges on the disc so much it would still freeze and not play.
    SO I decided to come here to get an ISO of the bloody game, but when I downloaded the ISO it won't run on my version of Dolphin (I think it's number 3.5 or something I duno) it's not the one that works on Mac 10.7 because I have a mac 10.6.8 and I use Dolphin on my Mac.

It starts up 100% then goes down to 65% and then 25% then 1% to 0% and does not even start up AUGH

I will try PS2 Emulator but they're weird and confusing.

However is there any possible fix for this problem?
    I have a mid 2010 model 13 inch Macbook pro using dolphin gamecube & Wii emulator.
    I have an alt Windows XP computer i'll try that if I can't get it to work on my Mac.

dolphin works for other games but this one is just a pain to try and play.
    Last edited by AzureHedgehog; 29th-April-2015 at 05:29.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do you have a Wii?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

First thing you have to do is, download the latest version of Dolphin:
    https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

and then, after it's done, configure the emulator (graphic, sound, etc), but make sure to enable Skip EFB Access from CPU, which can be found from Graphics settings, and under the Hacks tab.

Try running the game after that, hopefully it will bypass the first problem you encountered. Also, this game still have lots of issues concerning both audio and graphic, and will crash/freeze randomly as well.

Fortunately, this game runs very well on PCSX2, but only on the Windows version of the emulator.
    vc3 released.

Thanks

OK. Thanks very much for your help ! Luckily, I DO have a Windows Laptop and that's really good at playing Roms, i'll install the latest version on that, so i'll try your method and if it doesn't work I will use PCSX2, but if it does work then that'll be great anyway !

The problem with emulating on Macs is that Macs are really picky with what software will work on what OS and I find that really annoying ! (the new Dolphin won't work on my 10.6.8 because it needs 10.7 to run !!)

Hey there. I tried to use it on the newest version of Dolphin on my Windows but it still wouldn't work. However I went and downloaded the PS2 Emulator for it and installed it on the PS2 version and seems to be running perfectly. Thanks !
    Last edited by AzureHedgehog; 3rd-May-2015 at 12:51.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's good to know. Have fun!
    vc3 released.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

There is also a Dolphin compatibility list that's useful when having issues with wii/gamecube images. https://dolphin-emu.org/compat/
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...