Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Ocean 5 announced for PS3 and PS4

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It has nothing to do with greed. It costs money to include Japanese audio. So if the company is taking the time/money to do a dub they probably don't want to pay to include the Japanese va'ing as well. Of course, some companies do, but that's really a favour to the fans and you can't expect it. If you don't like it speak with your wallet and don't buy the game. I think having it as DLC is actually a great option where everyone wins. Maybe include it for free with pre-orders as a bonus for paying full price for the game. I think that would be an ideal set-up.

You think Japanese va'ing is so great? It's really not. Damn nails on a chalkboard is what at least half of the women sound like these days. Not saying that there aren't quality Japanese dubs from time to time, but a lot of what I've heard sucks. Also not saying that most of the dub work on localised games is great. But in terms of big western games? Yeah that's way better than most if not all Japanese va'ing when big names are obtained and they give a shit (you can tell, for sure, when actors care). When voice acting is good, you really don't notice it, imo.

Piss everyone off? Nah, just a vocal minority.

Edit: This is interesting: http://kotaku.com/5941179/its-time-f...f-voice-acting
    Last edited by Gypsy; 15th-April-2015 at 22:32.

Thanks
    EP Points

well, at least i still have the 3rd and 4th games. as well as the 1st and 2nd if i bother to download them again. i'll wait for a decent let's play to show up on youtube.

i just have to remember to not cheat and play the game normally in the case of the 2nd game. sucks when you have inf hp active and hit a story driven battle that you HAVE to lose to progress. oh well, no biggy.

Thanks

I honestly have mixed feeling about SO5. On one hand, its a new Star Ocean, on the other hand, it might end like SO4... which I didn't like very much. You would think it would build on SO3's gameplay... but instead it goes backwards and builds on SO2's horribly aged gameplay instead =(