Thread: The ESA Claims Game Preservation is Hacking

Thanks
    EP Points

Default The ESA Claims Game Preservation is Hacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGSWHvSLkIY

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...se-its-hacking

so emulation is hacking? *facepalm* dammit, what is wrong with people? this is bs

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

This is one of the multitude of reasons I only care to buy physical games. If I own a game it's my property, and I can do whatever the fuck I want with it. Perhaps that's not what the law will say, but if it seems sensible to the average person, it should be fine.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Digital rights = no rights.

I thought this had already been posted here so I hadn't made the thread. A couple days ago the internet was just full of heated bullplop arguments about this. Fortunately here, I think most people are reasonable.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Phineas Squiggletail, Esq View Post
    Fortunately here, I think most people are reasonable.
    You idiot

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I think the issue here is that companies don't like people preserving older versions of games while providing methods to play them on a variety of devices because they plan to re-release them at some point. And on many of the devices that are capable of running emulators. I don't agree with it, but that seems like the only logical reason they'd want to keep people from preserving these games on older platforms. Think about it, they're trying to push more remakes on us than ever before, and emulating those games from an older platform is direct competition with their re-releases.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gamerdude211 View Post
    I think the issue here is that companies don't like people preserving older versions of games while providing methods to play them on a variety of devices because they plan to re-release them at some point. And on many of the devices that are capable of running emulators. I don't agree with it, but that seems like the only logical reason they'd want to keep people from preserving these games on older platforms. Think about it, they're trying to push more remakes on us than ever before, and emulating those games from an older platform is direct competition with their re-releases.
    Organizations like the ESA make their money off 'stopping' piracy. Big Corps pay them big money to police the interwebs. This business of picking on websites, getting them shut down, sending threatening letters, writing blogposts about piracy, is where the real money is at. These days there are a huge number of 'copyright troll' companies that do this kind of stuff, after all, it's very profitable! It's pretty pathetic really.. =/

Thanks
    EP Points

in my opinion :
    should we worry about this ?? NO
    should the owner/s and moderators of this site be worried about this ?? YEAH
    is there any solution to this predicament ?? make more site like this. and i mean A LOT OF THEM.

ALL HAIL BRITANIA !!!!!

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Geez, thanks alot. I haven't slept in days now.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!