Thread: I need help choosing the right Nintendo ds emulator

Thanks

Default I need help choosing the right Nintendo ds emulator

I need help choosing the right Nintendo ds emulator, because none of the NDS emulators i use will create a save file or it will create a save file but it won't load it. i tried using DeSmuME's but i been having the issue of it not saving or it not loading is this a issue w/ all the NDS emulators made by DeSmuME???

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't have problem with save file when using DeSmuMe before, which version did you use? and the game you're trying to play?
    vc3 released.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you talking about internal game saves or save states

I would avoid save states anyway as they are not reliable or use them as well as in-game saves

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i was using ver. 10 now i'm using 7.9 & the game i'm playing is pokemon heart gold it's working fine or it could've been the cheats i was using but it's working now

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would guess at cheats or a mix of cheats and AP protection (i.e. cheats that do stuff the AP prevents)

Also be aware that the game you are playing also has AP protection in it (Not sure if DeSmuMe has any kind of auto AP bypass or not though, I use a flash kit myself that has auto AP fixes in it)

If it is the same as it is with most of the Pokemon games you will not be able to level up your Pokemon otherwise the game is still playable and this may not be something you notice from the start (that is patch able anyway)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-March-2015 at 08:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR