Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A generation of remasters?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default A generation of remasters?

What are you guys opinion on all these remastered games coming to the Xbox One and PS4? Personally I'm starting to grow extremely tired of it. At first I was buying into them as there really wasn't much else to play on my PS4. But now I've got less spare time I don't see much point in re-buying games I've already played. Maybe you love them for the trophy/achievement stacking or you missed out on them the first time around?

Personally I see no need for a God of War III remaster. When I played that game back in 2010 it was fantastic and I see no reason for it to be upscaled to 1080p/60fps, but I suppose they just want more money.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I've gotten a few myself (Last of Us, Resident Evil...). If I like the game I definitely get it, but I don't mind them being released either way. Better that than not having any kind of new release for weeks.

Would love The Uncharted Trilogy remastered

Kinda related, I bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for PS4 despite having already beaten the PS3 version
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 20th-March-2015 at 18:11.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

HD remasters are just milking the cow dry with little to no effort , all the big time game devs are guilty of this but some do it better than others.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I've gotten a few myself (Last of Us, Resident Evil...). If I like the game I definitely get it, but I don't mind them being released either way. Better that than not having any kind of new release for weeks.

Would love The Uncharted Trilogy remastered

Kinda related, I bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition for PS4 despite having already beaten teh PS3 version
    The Uncharted Trilogy for PS4 would be a definite purchase for me too!

I've got The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, GTA V, Diablo III Reaper of Souls and Metro Redux. I'm not completely against them, but some just don't make sense to me. Metro was a must, I loved both Metro games and I really wanted to experience them at 1080P without having to play them on a computer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have The Last of Us Remastered simply because I have never owned a PS3 so I never got to play it. Don't really have any of those others you mentioned. I tend to stay away from remasters or re-releases.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only reason I even tolerate the Homeworld Remaster and all of its many, many flaws is the hope that it'll allow for a Homeworld 3 to be made. Everything else, I don't give any thought to. Mainly because virtually ever remaster out there these days are of games I have never played.

Thanks
    EP Points

im stil wiatin 4 ffvii reemaster

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milady For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    y u no want remake?

Thanks
    EP Points

It'll happen when an FF game after FF7 sells more than FF7.

Until then keep dreaming.

Remasters are inevitable especially when multiple versions of a game are not sold worldwide like FFX International.

I don't think there's anything wrong with remasters after remasters being made but I think we might lose originality if we put too much effort on them.

A Pokemon Snap remaster... Lets make it happen Big N!
    Last edited by Pokemongenius; 20th-March-2015 at 19:34.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

i want cod modern warfare 2 remaster mosts, it been 6 year this year since it's original realese.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

hai guise hw but a madden remester 2?!!!!!!1111111111111

Thanks
    EP Points

I want the Modern Warfare 2 and FF7 remaster myself, but why port good games?

Either way, unless it's those 2 games I'm not buying into things I already played or probably still own. Same as Inferno, it's a time constraint. I like to trophy hunt a little bit, so this is a statement.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I really don't have much of a problem with it. Sure, some remasters seem kind of idiotic, but hey, it gives people a chance to play something they may have missed or replay something they'd been considering, but possibly lack the console for now For example, I've found myself tempted to pick up the X/X-2 collection for PS4 because I've been thinking about replaying them and since I'm spending more time on PS4 than 3, it'd be my console of choice (then again, maybe I shouldn't.... BACKLOG SO HUGE ).

edit: And I'd be all over a FF VII remaster or remake

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    It'll happen when an FF game after FF7 sells more than FF7.
    So you've noticed how, overall, they've taken this trend toward a more action-rpg oriented system as the "norm" for Final Fantasy games, right? I'm not convinced that they could successfully remake FF7 without either alienating the current audience by going back to classic jrpg elements, or alienating their original fans by making it "overly up-to-date" or some nonsense.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Why do anything to it when they can just port the PC re-release to PS4?