Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see on our forum?

Thanks
    EP Points

What the hell is this and do we need it anymore?
    http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...62-Forumon-RPG

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    What the hell is this and do we need it anymore?
    http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...62-Forumon-RPG

That's where Elmdor plays with the kids

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The whole dead links still in the uploads section to be removed is all well and good as long as they are reported as being dead so we know to remove them

a general clean up is needed though part to prevent multi places to post the same thing and partly just to make it easier to find what is wanted as far as general users go

what about new content? any ideas there
    is it possible to have a link checker bot? something that goes through and checks to see wether their active or not and auto notify the uploader or just deletes derad links?
    as for new content I honestly can't think of anything new that could be added.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

How about a tournament for people who play fighting games. I think it was going to happen at one point(maybe) but it didn't happen.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    How about a tournament for people who play fighting games. I think it was going to happen at one point(maybe) but it didn't happen.
    I like this idea but will expand on it a bit. I think theres a section on EP's main site can't really recall, how about adding a section for netplay where members can set up netplay tournaments and such for snes and other emus that support netplay?
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grouch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
    I like this idea but will expand on it a bit. I think theres a section on EP's main site can't really recall, how about adding a section for netplay where members can set up netplay tournaments and such for snes and other emus that support netplay?
    Would be down to spectate or watch VODs of these if it was possible.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We used to have a Fighters hangout and even made little tournies, Fighters hangout got shutdown and the tournies never really took off.

But I would like to get some PPSSPP multiplayer action going on, alot of fun competative games to play with more than 2 people like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

Also have plenty of Co=op games like Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Portable.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

is it possible to have a link checker bot? something that goes through and checks to see wether their active or not and auto notify the uploader or just deletes derad links?
    as for new content I honestly can't think of anything new that could be added.
    Such bots are pretty unreliable. Well at least the ones I've seen in action in the past have been, I know that for sure.
    Moving a heap of stuff to trash that is still ok can be a real pain for staff, especially if it takes a little while to notice what the hell is going on.
    Even if such a bot didn't move stuff but sent a message to the OP it could be annoying if it all goes wrong.

The system atm is ok, maybe just needs more work from staff to clear out the dead wood.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    what about new content? any ideas there
    I feel the pruning of dead links/threads being removed will somewhat help with new content. I haven't done anything in years, because I don't really know if what is already posted is live or not and is a deterrent to posting the same thing if the links are live.

Thanks
    EP Points

More potatoes

Thanks
    EP Points

I was thinking, creating a thread for newbies explaining how to emulate different systems. It could be text or videos showing how to go about it step by step. I remember when I first started out,I had no clue how to emulate.It might cut down on the having to explain it over and over again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Iamerror View Post
    I like this idea.
    But I find calling it ''tourneys'' too..heavy, so to speak.
    Gaming meetups (or some other fancy name), would be better I think, wouldn't have that ''competition sound'' that might put people off.
    And it shouldn't be restricted to fighting games alone, like The Grouch said.
    Old school, new school, co-op or not, League of Legends or whatever.
    I think it could work out.
    Of course, tourneys properly said could be made, periodically or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    We used to have a Fighters hangout and even made little tournies
    Aka I beat everyone's butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    tournies never really took off.
    Because lack of availability of people.
    Remember that Nem tourney?
    I feel like it was kinda rushed, in the sense that, there wasn't a big, solid group of people willing to play.
    Not that Nem organized it wrong or anything, I actually commend him for making the first step, but, not that solid of a group, and then that reduces interest.

And those, were my 2 cents.
    Tired brain 2 cents, but 2 cents regardless.

Thanks
    EP Points

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always assumed the EP Points we earn were more or less useless, as I haven't been able to find anything stating what they're good for at the moment. Even something like EP Premium in exchange for those points would be cool.

On a related note, what exactly determines how many points you earn? I've seen a few users with less posts than I've had who have far more EP points than I do, so I imagine it can't be related to number of posts.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always assumed the EP Points we earn were more or less useless, as I haven't been able to find anything stating what they're good for at the moment. Even something like EP Premium in exchange for those points would be cool.

On a related note, what exactly determines how many points you earn? I've seen a few users with less posts than I've had who have far more EP points than I do, so I imagine it can't be related to number of posts.
    Uploads and thanked posts I believe are the major source of EP points.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Uploads and thanked posts I believe are the major source of EP points.
    To earn EP points you can do one of 4 things (First two are with the mainsite, 2nd two are forums)
    Submit a game description = 5 points
    Submit a game screenshot = 5 points
    Get Thanked on the forums = 5 points per thank
    Upload something to the Emuporium = 10 points per upload

Spending points
    Block popups on EP for 1 week = 50 points
    1 month of EP Premium = 500 points
    Get an EP Shirt = Coming soon, has been like this for several months

Edit: I also think I remember seeing a mockup of the EP shirt somewhere, but I've long forgotten.
    Last edited by Sheras; 12th-March-2015 at 02:17.