Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Backlogs

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Gaming Backlogs

I'm sure most people will have huge gaming backlogs these days especially with services like PS Plus giving away a ridiculous amount of content per week, Games for Gold giving away just as much, or those Steam sales we all can't resist.
    But I was curious if there's anyone else with some absolute "must play"/gems in theirs that they want to play through immediately, but never seem to get around to?

Some really notable mentions from mine:

• Resident Evil REmake REmaster HD (I've been meaning to play this since it was released on the Gamecube, but I was too scared of it back then to play it. I think those memories from childhood are putting me off a little bit, although I know I'll make it through it now. )
    • The Last of Us Remaster (I've been meaning to play this since it came out on PS3, and then I've been meaning to play it since it got remastered. I couldn't tell you what's putting me off playing it.)
    • South Park the Stick of Truth

So, are there any gems/must play titles in your backlog you just haven't got around to playing (yet)?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Resident Evil HD (I have played the Gamecube and Wii variants but not for a while now).
    Beyond Two Souls.
    Risen 3 (probably not a great game but I enjoyed the second one on 360).

Besides that I have a heap other PS3 titles I either haven't touched at all or barely touched (both physical and digital).
    Lost Odyssey and maybe a couple more 360 titles.
    Miscellaneous ancient PC titles.
    DS and PSP games.
    I think there are even PS2, Wii and maybe a couple of original Xbox games I have never finished.

It can only get worse as time goes on

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I'd like to make a proper post but there are way too many games I'd have to mention. Bats Arkham City deserves an honorary mention here, tho
    I have the silly habit to add to my backlog games that I know I'm going to enjoy playing, giving first the chance to others that may not have another chance to be played

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I'd like to make a proper post but there are way too many games I'd have to mention. Bats Arkham City deserves an honorary mention here, tho
    I have the silly habit to add to my backlog games that I know I'm going to enjoy playing, giving first the chance to others that may not have another chance to be played
    I'm finally out of the habit (for now) of buying more and more games, especially ones on sale on PSN unless I'm gonna play them straight away. It certainly helps to not add to your backlog constantly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Legend of Mana
    Windwaker
    Luigi's mansion
    Twilight Princess
    I actually have a bigger backlog of movies right now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Too many to think about.

These days I try not to open games until I'm going to play them. This is in case there is a large price disparity between new and used when I go to play the game.

I've been getting some heavy hitters that I delayed for way too long out of the way lately. Such as Mass Effects. I've mostly been keeping up with Vita releases but there are a few titles here and there that I still need to play. I've also for the most part done a good job keeping up with niche PS3 releases short of stuff that I quickly discovered I had no desire to play like Neptunia II.

If I'm thinking about the stuff that I really SHOULD play I'd go with this list in no particular order....

Star Ocean First Departure
    Tales of Xillia 2 (will be a hate play)
    Dragon Quest VII
    Ar tonelico Qoga (probably a hate play)
    Wild Arms Alter Code F (already played the original so this is somewhat of a low priority but it seems a lot better from what I have played of it)
    Tales of the Abyss
    Stella Deus: The Gate of Eternity (I'm very far in this and can't recall why I stopped, probably because it's some horrible reason that I'll remember if I ever put it back in my ps2)
    Shining Tears (one of the few in the series that I haven't finished)
    Arc the Lad III (some day.....)

Some of these I've started, but not many. I am pretty far in DQVII it's just so damn big.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I put something like 80-90 hours into Dragon Quest 7 before stalling out on the first disc. I think DQ7 might've started my backlog problem. I completed most games I liked before it, and after it I've completed very very few But I loved it and still plan on finishing it. I'd probably restart, and play through it without a guide knowing full well that means I'll miss secrets and be forced to replay it. So yeah, I wouldn't mind dropping 400-500 hours total into DQ7. I'll get back on that when I retire or something...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Only have two atm, though most of them listed on my PSNP had been sold.

Resident Evil HD
    Tales of Hearts R

Will probably start either one(and plat them of course! ) after done with my current game, and I still have Star Ocean on my shelf, but probably gonna pass it due to looooong time needed for plat.

I'm just glad I haven't subscribed to PS+ yet, if yes, then I might have long list of backlog..
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

@Ragnar: Yeah it's absurd.

@Meganova: Tales of Hearts R was honestly better than I thought it would be.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Way too many to list them all...

Assassin's Creed 2
    Arkham City
    Borderlands 2
    Dark Souls
    Dishonored
    Last of Us
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection
    Ni No Kuni
    Red Dead Redemption
    +whatever I've grabbed from Plus that I haven't looked at in ages

Captain Toad (just need to do the bonus stuff)
    Hyrule Warriors (barely touched it)
    Wind Waker HD (near the bottom of the list)

Those are the most notable ones. Plus a bunch of stuff I want to do the DLC for.

Right now I'm attempting to 100% Majora's Mask 3DS without a guide. I've never beaten the game before, so it's taking a very very long time.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have so many playstation plus games to go through. I am kind of glad my sub will run out this month.

Also, I have a huge shelf of JRPG's mainly from NIS that I haven't even opened yet. I have a gaming backlog for the next 5 years.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I still have a few Spectrum games from the 80's-90's I've been meaning to finish...

Turmoil
    Pyjamarama
    Jetset Willy

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I still have a few Spectrum games from the 80's-90's I've been meaning to finish...

Turmoil
    Pyjamarama
    Jetset Willy

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!
    I never finished Gauntlet either

And now that you mention I beat neither of the Bats Spectrum games. I should make a tradition out of it, never beat a Bats game

Thanks
    EP Points

I have good backlog of games for PC and PS3 that I still need to play and beat. I'll usually buy games when they go on sale or deep discounts. I don't always have the time to play them these days.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

We have sites like The Backloggery for this sort of thing.

Also my backlog. Which is also my sig link. So I linked to it twice. Go me.