Thread: Is there a snes emulator for playstation?

Thanks

Default Is there a snes emulator for playstation?

Is there an snes emulator for playstation. I saw the nes ones here:

http://www.emuparadise.org/emulators/Emu4PSX.html

and I was wondering if there's an snes one.
    Also, how do I use them? (Snes or Nes)
    Do i burn the snes roms onto the cd containing the emulator or onto a seperate cd. And can i burn several roms onto a single cd or do i have to have a cd for each game.

PSX - Crash Bash [NTSC]
    PSX - Vagrant Story [NTSC&PAL]
    PSX - Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped [NTSC]
    PSX - Azure Dreams [NTSC]
    PSX - Hydro Thunder [NTSC]
    :::[DOWNLOAD PSX ISOS FROM OMNIROM.TK]:::

BradEvans87 Guest

I don't think there is a snes emu for the psx. there is a nes emu and a sega master system emu but i don't think that there is a snes emu for psx. there is one for dc though and i THINK there is a beta one for ps2

Thanks

How do I use the it might be nes on the psone?

Do I burn the NES roms onto the same cd as the emulator? Can I put numerous roms onto the same cd?

PSX - Crash Bash [NTSC]
    PSX - Vagrant Story [NTSC&PAL]
    PSX - Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped [NTSC]
    PSX - Azure Dreams [NTSC]
    PSX - Hydro Thunder [NTSC]
    :::[DOWNLOAD PSX ISOS FROM OMNIROM.TK]:::

jakaka Guest

Default there is

There is a snes emulator for PS2 its right here http://snes-station.emuunlim.com/

there should be instructions on how to burn but i wouldn't just yet sice its not very good.
    I heard Super Mario works pretty good but not perfect.

The site also has a link to a to a sega genesis emulator for PS2 thats supposed to work wonderfully.

Hope this helps

JadeSaber Guest

Originally posted by omni_rom
    How do I use the it might be nes on the psone?

Do I burn the NES roms onto the same cd as the emulator? Can I put numerous roms onto the same cd?
    First off, read the readme file. Second, yes, you can put hundreds of nes games on one CD.

MOST IMPORTANT: YOU NEED A MOD CHIP OR GAMESHARK!

But basically you download IMBnes and unzip it. Then you download a ton of NES games to a folder and probably unzip them but I am not sure.
    You find the icon that shows blocks with MFC that is called ROMBANK in the It Might Be NES folder. Double click it. It will open a new window with ADD ROM DIRECTORY at the top right. Click this and tell it where your NES games are. You only need to click ONE game and it will add them all that are in the folder. You will probably need to then click the Alphebetize Rom List just to make the CD a little easier to use. NOTE: It will separate capitol letters from small letters so that all the caps games will come before the non capped games. You can rename the game roms as you like.
    After you have added and arranged your rom list, click BUILD ROM BANK. A red bar will fill up showing progress. When it is done, close the ROMBANK window and go back to the IMBnes folder.
    Now you click makeisoUSA or makeisoJAP or whatever country you want. This will probably go into a DOS screen. Let it do its thing and when it has gone to 100% press ESC. Then it will go into its second function which will not look like it is doing anything at all for a few minutes. Leave it alone for a while. When it is finished and you can go back to the IMBnes folder you will see a new CUE icon that will be called "nes" and should initialize your CD burner program. Click record and BURN AT SLOWEST POSSIBLE SPEED!
    Keep in mind that IMBnes does not support all sound channels so it may sound funny at times. Also, some games are still not supported (Castlevania 3, Battletoads ) but if you try to load a game and only get a black screen, reset and try that game again. L1 and R1 are the rom list flippers. The buttons on the PSX pad will change the numbers to indicate the game you want. DO NOT press L2 or R2 because it may scramble the screen for some reason. If you do, try pressing it again and sometimes it will go back to normal.

Good luck!

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

if anyone builds a good cd like this, hook me up and i'll put iton my site, for all to enjoy

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Re: there is

It's actually VERY GOOD. Pretty much all the roms I've tried on it run at about 95 percent. I really have no clue where you heard that its no good. And the Genesis Emu is almost flawless, though some roms dont work at all on it...
    Originally posted by jakaka
    There is a snes emulator for PS2 its right here http://snes-station.emuunlim.com/

there should be instructions on how to burn but i wouldn't just yet sice its not very good.
    I heard Super Mario works pretty good but not perfect.

The site also has a link to a to a sega genesis emulator for PS2 thats supposed to work wonderfully.

Hope this helps

JadeSaber Guest

Genesis??? On a PSone?????? Are you sure it isn't the Master System?
    It Might Be NES does work very well as an NES emulator on PSone, but I still can't believe there is a SNES emulator that really works.
    I could be wrong...but last I heard the PSone didn't have what it takes to fully emulate SNES.

jakaka Guest

thnx cyberxion for clearing that up. i didn't try those emus on my ps2 because i didn't think they'd work well. But now I'll give them a try for sure.

Tweeder Guest

i use to have an snes emulator with like 300 snes roms for my dreamcast

but all the games ran dirt slow, so i got rid of it

like, they werent even worth playing becuase they were so slow...yeah, that bad

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Snes Emulators

Erm how do i say this em..

why the hell would anyone go to all that trouble to get psx/dc-snes emus, when youve got either ZSNES or Snes9x there.

Maybe there is some reason that i dont know about, and would like some input on why ppl would try to get these emus and use them.

Anyway back to what matters

Thnx for the thps3 link that game rox:sunglasse

And another thing is there another name for Legend of mana for the psx, as ive been on a few freservs that have what looks like som 2 isos!!!

this is why im asking i would like to know so i can d/l it knowing that it is LOM cheers!

chrono8921 Guest

The only name for Legend of Mana is Legend of Mana...

BrinkofTime Guest

People would go through the trouble to be able to play those games on a bigger screen if they were going to be playing those EMU's on their PSX's instead of their computers..