Thread: Emulation problems (transferring .sav file to vbagx emulator)

Thanks

Exclamation Emulation problems (transferring .sav file to vbagx emulator)

I have been having some problems transferring a .sav from no$gba for pc to the vbagx emulator for the Wii. If it is any help the save i am transferring is of the mother 3 fan translation. help please!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Moving this to Everything Emulation/Nintendo...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beelzebub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Are you having issues getting vbagx to "see" the save? If so, it might use a different naming scheme than the PC emulator. One easy way to check is to load whatever rom you're trying to play in vbagx, and do an in-game save, which should create a .sav file on your SD card. Check and see how it names your save based on the rom name, and see if it differs from the way no$gba names its save files. If it does, take your no$gba save and give it the same name as the new save created by vbagx, then just overwrite the newly made save with the renamed no$gba one.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

yeah i've checked it doesn't see the file and the files are both .sav i don't see the problem
    Screenshot:
    Name:  imagesd.PNG
Views: 281
Size:  6.0 KB

Thanks
    EP Points

Are those both from the same emulator, or one from vbagx and the other from no$gba? Even though they have the same file extension (.sav), if the rest of the file name is off then it still isn't going to see it.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

yeah ones from vbagx (mother 3 (japan) auto) and the other one is no$gba

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, and you're using the same rom (with the same file name; this is important) with both emulators right? If so, you should just need to give the no$gba .sav the exact same file name as vbagx gave its new save (so with the "(auto)" part), stick it wherever vbagx puts its saves, and see if it works then.
    Last edited by MaslowK; 5th-February-2015 at 22:45.