Thread: Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon (PSX) Translation

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon (PSX) Translation

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 on PSX was one of the best games I have ever played in my life. We played the game with my fiancee together co-operative and we had so many good memories. After playing it thru, it was really sad to learn that the first game was only avaliable on Japanese region. So i tried to find a fan-translation on the net.

This is what I found. This is not my project, but a wordpress blog called "Gamer's Haven" the site's owner was making a translation patch for the game during 2009. I think his nickname is fallensaviour and he abandoned project since then (or released on a unknown platform). Here is the his project page and blog: https://fallensaviour.wordpress.com/...rious-dungeon/

So do you know who he is? Any idea to reach him? Maybe he can at least give us the his dead translation patch and it would be much more easier to play than a full Japanese version. I really want to e-mail him.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have found ? this
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/cid-to-c...lation.231032/
    I didn't read fully but it seems to me like same game? And this one seems fully translated?

P.S
    I googled a bit more.
    It seems that PSX game did got English release?According to this:

For Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon depends on witch one you are talking about and eventually what version of it.

-Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon: Chokobo no Fushigi na Danjon (チョコボの不思議なダンジョン?, lit. "Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon"):

Was for the PSX, ported to the Wonderswan and should be available on the USA Playstation Network.
    http://www.romhacking.net/forum/inde...jaa2#msg194898

Although i was not able to find a dump.But my browsing capabilities are not fully functional atm... .... ...
    Last edited by IcemanSR; 27th-January-2015 at 12:14.
    Full List of my uploads here (Fixed link ) Only members can access blog.

Quote Ragnar:
    Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try CryptLoad or Mipony.

Do NOT decrypt and or repost my links anywhere!
    All my uploads are on MEGA
    DLC IS NOT GAME! DLC is to be used with Jdownloader to Download GAME!
    paypal.me/IceLancer

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanSR View Post
    I have found ? this
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/cid-to-c...lation.231032/
    I didn't read fully but it seems to me like same game? And this one seems fully translated?

P.S
    I googled a bit more.
    It seems that PSX game did got English release?According to this:

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/inde...jaa2#msg194898

Although i was not able to find a dump.But my browsing capabilities are not fully functional atm... .... ...
    First of all thanx for the effort that you put in to help me. It's really appreciated

The DS game is a completely different game from the original first PSX game. It's enhanced port of Wii version (which is I got also) and never released outside of Japan. But it has a complete fan translation unlike this one.

The version I asked is the very first game of "Chocobo's Dungeon" series which only released in Japan for PSX and WonderSwan.

It's sad that I never got an official or fan translation (because there are lots translation patches for trash games, no offence). So that was the all I found and I'm trying to reach that "fallensaviour" guy. Maybe he can send me a copy of his incomplete work because 2nd game was awesome.

I checked the link also you provided but the link there doesn't work for now. I will try to reach him with a PM.

By the way if you find anything new, please let me know.

And thanx for everything again!

Thanks
    EP Points

Let me know if you have any luck contacting the guy, sounds like an interesting game. Any other games in the series, or similar spinoff ones that are available in english?(or japanese with a translation patch to convert it to english)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Let me know if you have any luck contacting the guy, sounds like an interesting game. Any other games in the series, or similar spinoff ones that are available in english?(or japanese with a translation patch to convert it to english)
    DS and Wii games which are apparently Japanese.
    Chocobo's Dungeon 2 on PSX which has an NTSC-U version.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    This game is a part of Mystery Dungeon game series. And i think Mystery Dungeon series is awesome and very unique. You'll love it especially if you like tough challenges. These are the games from the series released officaly in English and I recommend:

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (PSX): Awesome game in every way with 2P co-operation support
    Shiren The Wanderer (DS): This game is a masterpiece. Best part of the series. One of the best games of DS. Extremely addictive.
    Nightmare of Druaga (PS2): Unforgivingly tough but great
    Torneko The Last Hope (PSX): Don't mind the stupid reviews. Nice game especially you love Dragon Quest world
    Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon (Wii): Lighthearted entry in the series but contains Final Fantasy world perfectly.
    Pokemon Blue Rescue Team (DS): Easiest of them but post game stuff is really tough and addictive

You can learn more about the Mystery Dungeon series here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...on_video_games

Thanks
    EP Points

I have already played some of the Pokemon mystery dungeon games and am already familiar with them. I also already have Torneko the last hope, though i haven't yet finished some of the dungeons on it. The rest i'll look into when I find time, though i can't promise when that might be.