Thread: Running Vampire Savior in SFF crashes it

Thanks

Default Running Vampire Savior in SFF crashes it

Hello. I'm currently having a problem with running Vampire Savior on SFF. Every time I load the game, after the Capcom logo, the emulator gives me this error code

MasterSH2 code = 0000
    060A5F08: (0000) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code = FFFF
    FFF80000: (FFFF) Unknown code

68000 code: 674C
    0000117A: (674C) BEQ $000011C8
    SH2 Unknown code: 0000

I already have the 4 mb external ram enabled in the emulator, and I'm running it in SSF 0.12 beta R4. Any solutions?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have a feeling this is an issue with the disc image, not the emulator

BRB will just test the thing myself

P.S, sorry I missed this post until now :/

Yup the game just works fine in SSF

I can't even reproduce your error so it may be something else, 90% of issues with SSF are lack of CDDA tracks but this game works with and without them, without CDDA tracks a lot of game freeze up at the point they should start playing like after a main logo video or splash

I could test the copy you got if you like to make sure, just let me know where you got it from, if it is the disc image though I can upload a working copy with ease

Just let me know what copy that was
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-January-2015 at 05:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Try on yabause or an old version of sff i had problems with the new versions besides remember is a beta so a lot of things can fail
    tell me did you install the latest vc runtimes and directx do you have the bios and stv bios because even if sff dont need bios the compatibility increases with the bios,and we need more details to help you

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Unless OP is using XP or older there are no compat issues for SSF latest beta and this game

beta's of SSF tend to be in a very stable state as far as users are concerned.

ST-V Bios is not required at all for Saturn games, the ST-V is a Sega arcade system and only similar to the Saturn but it is not a Saturn though and does not run Saturn CD's only ST-V game dumps.

DirectX 9.0c runtimes may be needed for SSF as the drivers are based on DirectX 9.0c (just grab that from Microsoft), you will need that regardless of having DirectX 10 or higher
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-January-2015 at 21:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Unless OP is using XP or older there are no compat issues for SSF latest beta and this game

beta's of SSF tend to be in a very stable state as far as users are concerned.

ST-V Bios is not required at all for Saturn games, the ST-V is a Sega arcade system and only similar to the Saturn but it is not a Saturn though and does not run Saturn CD's only ST-V game dumps.

DirectX 9.0c runtimes may be needed for SSF as the drivers are based on DirectX 9.0c (just grab that from Microsoft), you will need that regardless of having DirectX 10 or higher
    It seems you dont know about directx,the thing is even if you have direct x10 or x11 if the software was written for directx 9 even if you have the higher one you still need to download the older one because neither of them coexist the prrof of this directx 11 in windows 8 for playing an emulator you still need to download directx 9 and directplay.
    Besides i dont know who told you that stv is not required because i can asure you they are required by some sega saturn games i dont know wich ones but the creator of sff said those are highly required son lets avoid arguing this point because if the developer of the emu says "my emulator needs stv bios and sega saturn bios because it will work better" then nobody can say other thing because the developer said that now respecting the beta thing lets remeber is a beta well not technically he is using a release candidate number 4 for beta in other words is not a beta.
    Now to other point the developer of this emulator was using Windows XP to develop it because is better and easier to have access to all the hardware and if the users of windows vista or 7 wanted to use this they should find out how to use it on theirs owns those were his words.
    And well i find other thing the error this guy got is because he is not using daemon tools to load the cd or he didnt point the cd drive normally D or E drive because sff doesnt have autodetection of discs.

Just take my advice change the emulator start using yabause and everything will work easier
    Besides remember this sff version is 0.1.2 beta r4 and yabause version is 0.9.9 (wich one you think is more advanced)
    Last edited by Tabris666; 30th-January-2015 at 23:32.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You really need to actually read what I posted and you quoted

That just made me lol, just say I'm wrong and know nothing, then rant in agreement.... Funny.

Also translate the official site if you want more info, one of the first things that is stated is that XP can cause issues for some users and can't give a reason for it, something that has come up on here before, so that was from experience as well as what is up on the official site.

ST-V bios is only used for ST-V emulation and plays no part in Saturn emulation at all even in SSF, the statement covers both systems though not just Saturn emulation so that statement is not false but you have just interpreted it totally wrong.

Yabause is a good emulator though but this depends on the OPs system to whether that will run well and from the testing there are still some games that work fine in SSF with no issues that have issues with Yabause, saying that though Yabause is a more accurate emulator (Part of the reason why it needs more power) and can handle some things SSF can't or SSF does not do as well as Yabause does that is not to say that it is better as far as users playing games goes though.

Dev's however that wish to test before comiting code to the console be that via various methods (cart (serial connected) or CD) are best off testing with Yabause not SSF
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-January-2015 at 09:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]