Thread: Emulating with dolphin

Thanks

Default Emulating with dolphin

Hi,

I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to use files from emuparadise with Dolphin. I've downloaded a couple of games (XD Gale of Darkness, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess) but once they've downloaded and I've extracted them, they aren't ISO files and Dolphin won't open them. How do I get these files to become an actual ISO so I can use them?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Gamecube iso's can be two formats either iso or gcm, both are gamecube iso images

Most of the uploads are scene releases though so once you extract the main archive you are normally faced with a series of files that also require extracting by the first file, usually *.001 other scene releases may use different series of files though, but in general these are also just extracted via the first file, the exception to that is some of the *.r## also include a *.rar file and must be extracted by that file

It is also best to extract with 7-zip instead of WinRar mostly because the default setup for Winrar is to extract the contents of *iso files but you don't want to do that

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm having the same issue, but I'm not getting an ISO file when I extract the first file. I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what. Below is a video link to me going through the process I've been using. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Here ya go, I just figured it out.

Within the folder named "Super_Mario_Sunshine_USA_NGC-SAVEPOINT" ( the one that has been extracted), find a file named "s-sms".
    This file must be extracted, and within you will find a .gcm file, specifically, one named "s-sms.gcm".
    In Dolphin, select Open, then follow the path to this file: Super_Mario_Sunshine_USA_NGC-SAVEPOINT > s-sms > s-sms.gcm
    Viola, it plays.

Now, onto MY issue, hopefully it is simple. The audio is very....choppy, and it is tied with the FPS and the VPS. I'm assuming this is due to my Computer's specs, but I'm not sure.

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo, E8400 @ 3.00 GHz (2.33 GHz)
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Hopefully the game works very well on your system.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks! I think my bigger issue was that I was searching for the game using the Dolphin's "Double-clock here to browse for files..." The program would never find them using this method, but if I used the "Open" command, it found the game fine. Very strange. Thanks again! Much appreciated.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by danielcampbell View Post
    Thanks! I think my bigger issue was that I was searching for the game using the Dolphin's "Double-clock here to browse for files..." The program would never find them using this method, but if I used the "Open" command, it found the game fine. Very strange. Thanks again! Much appreciated.
    You just needed to extract from the real first file that was the rar file in that set but it is listed last rather than the r00 or r01 file that is not the real first file just the first file listed, I had already stated that in post #2 though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR