Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amiibos

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Amiibos

Anyone here collecting them? Its a real pain in the ass trying to get some of the coolest ones! I dunno what the hell Nintendo's doing with there
    stock. I've got Mega Man & King Dedede on pre-order, trying like hell to find Pit and Little Mac and thinking about snagging Star Fox and Link soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maverickhuntergirlZ492 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by maverickhuntergirlZ492 View Post
    I dunno what the hell Nintendo's doing with there stock.
    It ain't Nintendo. This is the world the internet has created.
    Spoiler warning:
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah man, damn flippers and scalpers are the main issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    It ain't Nintendo. This is the world the internet has created.
    Spoiler warning:
    Well yes and no. Sure people are all over that stuff, keeping it or trying to profit from it immediately...but the reason it started is because Nintendo only made a certain amount of figures initially. I mean they didn't take demand into account at all.

They make a certain amount of all figures, then you look around and certain ones are easy to find but others aren't. Which is pretty dumb, you would think a company like that would be smart enough to make more of the popular characters and less of the less popular ones. It would mean more product being moved by them and retailers, plus better use of space in retail outlets.

Instead you end up with what's happening now, and then there's the "defective Samus" Something you can make yourself, but because it's a factory sealed defect it's worth over 2k

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    ...but the reason it started is because Nintendo only made a certain amount of figures initially. I mean they didn't take demand into account at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    you would think a company like that would be smart enough to make more of the popular characters and less of the less popular ones.
    Really, Nintendo has done what you've suggested. See:
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickhuntergirlZ492 View Post
    trying like hell to find Pit and Little Mac
    Little Mac, Pit, Marth and Shulk or whatever are all niche characters. It's pretty unreasonable to assume they'd sell millions. The only reason they're rare at all is because hoarders perceived the possibility of rarity, horded them, then made the rarity real. Nintendo can't simply manufacture more to correct the problem, and make tons of money on more sales. Because do you know what hoarders will do if Nintendo does? They take their shopping buggy of unsold stock back into Walmart and return it without a single fuck given. Nintendo is far better off with everything soldout and a thriving collectors market, compared to Little Mac sitting on shelves for the next 3 years waiting to go on a clearance sale. They need to make less of the niche characters if they're going to offer them, or else they'll glut the market.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Nintendo can't simply manufacture more to correct the problem, and make tons of money on more sales. Because do you know what hoarders will do if Nintendo does? They take their shopping buggy of unsold stock back into Walmart and return it without a single fuck given.
    But you're talking about people taking advantage of a chain store returns policy (I assume), unless there's a law there where you are that requires retailers to accept all returns regardless of reason...which seems, well, unreasonable.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't think Nintendo 'needs' to sell any particular amiibos. Their target audience will buy whatever ones are available at the time. What they do need to do, at least what I think they ought to do, is create interest from scarcity. The next round of smiibos will fly off the shelf faster than the first because everyone thinks they won't be made again, like the first batch.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    What they do need to do, at least what I think they ought to do, is create interest from scarcity. The next round of smiibos will fly off the shelf faster than the first because everyone thinks they won't be made again, like the first batch.
    *points*
    I've had plenty of opportunity to buy previous "rare" ones, and skipped them because I didn't care. Marketing at work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Realistically, even returning stuff to walmart. If someone brings back 20 of the same amiibo there really is no valid excuse for this other than you goofed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    Realistically, even returning stuff to walmart. If someone brings back 20 of the same amiibo there really is no valid excuse for this other than you goofed.
    If it's store policy then employees probably don't give a shit. In this case I'm not sure if it's a 90 day returns policy, or less...but I guess it would be 90 days. You probably don't even need a receipt.

Pretty crazy really.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Who knew we'd be collectiong action figures for our game systems it's supposed be a side hobby not the main selling point of the console.

I know its not the only thing, yeah its a game system drrr but when there's no games to play on it then it's more like a space waster.

Advertising the new Space Waster it'll take care of that space in a flash! And wait! If you call now we'll double the offer and even offer free shipping!

Btw I'm so sick of Lil Mac!
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No games? Is that like, still a valid statement? I have more games for wiiu than 360 and I got my box in 2009 and my wiiu in 2014.

Besides,little Mac probably isn't for you. He caters to the classically trained, the nostalgia based gamers. I bet you thought he debut on the Wii.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I'm not planning to collect them as in gotta catch 'em all but I got myself my first Amiibo

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I saw someone take the entire stock of a store when they were put on display. The scalping is very real. Lol.

The funniest part is the quality of these things is absolute shit tier.

Thanks
    EP Points

"Amiibo's gotta avoid em all! It's you or me. I know it's a Smash Trophy!

Amiibo, ohhh your my waste of time, you will all not be mine!

Amiibo gotta collect em all it's not true, our shipments won't even come through!

You beat me or i'll beat you, Amiiiibo! Gotta avoid em all, gotta avoid em all. Amiibo!"

Made that up in 5 minutes
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.