Thread: Having an issue with Kega Fusion (multiple builds)

Thanks

Default Having an issue with Kega Fusion (multiple builds)

Hello! For a good long while now, I have used Kega Fusion for all of my genesis games, but in the past year I have come across a constant problem.

Every time I open the emulator, it works completely fine. Not a problem in the world. Runs beautifully, looks goods, sounds good, normal.
    But when I try to do ANYTHING, whether its loading another rom, start a wav dump, an avi recording, it crashes. Every time.

Here is what I have tried:
    I have constantly restarted different config files to try and restart anything I may have done without knowing. Doesn't fix it.
    I have used multiple builds of Fusion. The most recent problem has been 3.64. One person said to try and go back to 3.63 and see if that helps. I did that, and still the same problem.
    I have deleted every shred of emulator stuff I have and even started completely brand new. Still didn't fix it.

I have no idea what to do as I am out of options for myself. I love Fusion so much, but I do not want to switch emulators if I don't need to. Can anyone help me?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

First 3.64 introduced a problem with a small bug, not sure how many games that had taken effect with, so it's good that you have 3.63 as well just in case, the bug just made a game load to a black screen instead of just working

The first thing I would try is loading it as Administrator, you can either edit the shortcut to run as admin or you can simply right click it and hit run as admin

You never did give any detail on your OS

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I am running Windows 8.1 in desktop mode.
    I am trying to think, but I never entirely had this problem before. I like to upload a few genesis let's plays for the hell of it, but ever since this happened, I haven't been able to record anything or even extract my own mp3s of some nice genesis tunes.

I give the run as admin a shot real quick

I tried the running as admin, and it didn't do anything different.
    I just want to know if there is some sort of problem running it in 8.1. or if I can tweak something in the config file to get it to stop, but I have no idea.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 22nd-December-2014 at 06:46. Reason: merged posts

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skarz1989 View Post
    I am running Windows 8.1 in desktop mode.
    I am trying to think, but I never entirely had this problem before. I like to upload a few genesis let's plays for the hell of it, but ever since this happened, I haven't been able to record anything or even extract my own mp3s of some nice genesis tunes.

I give the run as admin a shot real quick

I tried the running as admin, and it didn't do anything different.
    I just want to know if there is some sort of problem running it in 8.1. or if I can tweak something in the config file to get it to stop, but I have no idea.
    I'm on windows 7 and never heard of this issue to be honest

The only other thing I can think of is running Kega from a different location that restrictions may not be in effect (or just change the save locations for the various save types ect), like a new folder in C: drive root or from your desktop (though not sure how the desktop works with windows 8), better yet from an external drive, making sure all the paths are also to the same location, sub folders allowed obviously.

I am just wondering if it is crashing due to updating or attempting to update ram saves when trying to load the next game and crashing while trying to save wav and avi when you setup the recording/s because of the locations used for those, though setting it up to run as admin normally solves that type of issue, not so sure about Windows 8 myself, never liked the look of it myself and from what I have used of it I can't see me rushing out for a copy either

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR