Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help figuring a scrubbed game...

Thanks

Default Need help figuring a scrubbed game...

So first off I am new to all of this and will go over the things I have.

First I have the latest version of the Dolphin program, (version 4.0-4647). I can run the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princes on it ok, (I say ok as there is some pretty bad lag there). My computer can handle games like Dragon Age Origins and Dark Souls just fine.

What my problem is is that I recently downloaded a copy of Metroid Other M...but as a scrubbed game. (File Name: Metroid Other M [MULTI3][WII-Scrubber])

When I open the file there are 80 files in it, each noted as UnzipLite rar as the type of file it is and nearly all the files are 98,078kb, except one file which is 75,085kb.

The delema I am facing here is that I cannot figure out how to reassemble all of these parts into the one file that Dolphin needs to see in order for me to run the game on the program.

I would also accept a link to a copy that would actually run without having to take a lot of steps to fixing up these 80 files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine2014 View Post

What my problem is is that I recently downloaded a copy of Metroid Other M...but as a scrubbed game. (File Name: Metroid Other M [MULTI3][WII-Scrubber])

When I open the file there are 80 files in it, each noted as UnzipLite rar as the type of file it is and nearly all the files are 98,078kb, except one file which is 75,085kb.

The delema I am facing here is that I cannot figure out how to reassemble all of these parts into the one file that Dolphin needs to see in order for me to run the game on the program.
    It's a split archive. Extract from the first part only.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Have you got an archiver such as Winrar or 7zip installed? Try right clicking on the lowest number file and selecting extract here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Unfortunately none of the recommendations are working. Winrar won't acknowledge the archive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Unfortunately none of the recommendations are working. Winrar won't acknowledge the archive.
    7zip should, it has better compatibility and it's free (but you haven't provided any details of what file extensions you can see).

Spoiler warning:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Use 7zip and only extract the first/ lowest number one as it will automatically go through all the parts

Make sure they're all in the same folder too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So I tried 7zip as well but it still refuses to work. All the files are in the same folder as well. When I get 7-zip open and select the first file, named: my-metro3.part01.rar

I get the following popup message: The Archiver is either in unknown format or damaged.
    Last edited by wolverine2014; 19th-December-2014 at 00:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

What are the exact file extensions you can see? A pic or just list them.

Spoiler warning:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So each file is named as "my-metro3.part01.rar"; the only differences is that they are part 1 through to part 80. All of the files are then located in: Metroid Other M [MULTI3][WII-Scrubber] file, which is then in another file called: Games; which I have in my Dolphin-x64 folder on my desk top.

There's no other extensions noted.

Also my computer is not set up to take screen shots...sorry.

Its possible that its just a bad file too, and if that's the consensus then I'll just try and find a better copy of the game...which seems to be quite difficult to do.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 19th-December-2014 at 00:35. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

So each file is named as "my-metro3.part01.rar"; the only differences is that they are part 1 through to part 80. All of the files are then located in: Metroid Other M [MULTI3][WII-Scrubber] file, which is then in another file called: Games; which I have in my Dolphin-x64 folder on my desk top.

There's no other extensions noted.

Also my computer is not set up to take screen shots...sorry.
    7zip should handle that. What do you mean by "refuses to work", are you seeing an error message?

Edit:
    If you want another source look here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Other-M-NTSC-U

Spoiler warning:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

So each file is named as "my-metro3.part01.rar"; the only differences is that they are part 1 through to part 80.
    Is there a file just named "my-metro3.rar"? If so try extracting that instead. If not then try re-downloading the game; maybe try torrents?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, the exact error message I get with 7-zip is: cannot open file "file path way here" as archive. And if I right click I get "no archives found".

But thanks for the help anyway. I'm starting to think that the file wasn't a complete file and that something was left out which would explain why nothings working.

Would anyone know where to get a good copy of Metroid other M then? One that's not going to cause a big headache like this.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think we have a post count limit for WII games and can't remember what it is but Ragnar's uploads are guaranteed to work just follow the instructions for download here's the link but like I said there may be a post count needed but maybe a staff member can do something about that for the moment. I dunno what the whole scrubbed thing means but this copy should work.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...=metroid+other

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I already linked to that thread Zal

The post count business was reduced a while ago so the OP won't need much to get in there (it's not like 50 posts or whatever it was way back). But besides that there aren't any headaches with Ragnar's shares, all the necessary tools are available for all 3 main computer platforms afaik. You don't even need to use JD for the .dlc if you don't want to, you can decrypt the container online and just use the file host links in your browser.

Spoiler warning:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well wolverine if you really need a proper image of this upped I have the original scene releases but you need to patch them to fix them and make them 1:1.

Uploading a DVD DL will take ages though
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post: