Thread: Panzer Dragoon Disc 2 not running in SSF OR Yabause

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Panzer Dragoon Disc 2 not running in SSF OR Yabause

Hi, I've been trying to get Disc 2 of PDS to run but neither SSF or Yabause won't load it, and I've tried with a variety of different bios. Disc 1 has been running perfectly fine and while this would lead me to believe I've just downloaded a bad burn, it was from this site and another- so I've tried two different downloads now. I've tried running it simply upon starting Yabause/SSF or loading my save file of Disc 1 and opening the ISO from there. What's going on? Any help is appreciated greatly.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Boot Disc 2 directly and load the save, The Saturn as far as I remember does not use in-game disc swap points instead using an end of disc save aka a save for the start of the next disc that the machine then reboots to load that disc and the save must be loaded then, some games even went as far to auto load that save if it existed

As soon as you open the disc drive on a real console it will take you directly to the bios screen

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the answer. Although I'm sorry to say I'm not entirely clear- did you mean save state? I booted disc 2 directly and tried loading my save for disc 1, which didn't work. How exactly do I load this save, since it seems I have to do it through the bios menu? I have both a save state and a save in the 'internal ram' of yabause.

Thanks again in advance, I'm not the sharpest knife in the spoon which may be why I'm not grasping this.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Normal memcard or internal ram save at the very last point on disc 1 you should get prompted to save, the save created will be for direct use on CD 2

do not use save states, only as a backup save, not as a primary save, too many things can go wrong with save states to start with

If you want to upload the ram save data I can make sure on my end

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I definitely have a ram save data, the question is just that I don't know how to load it up on the bios. In manage memory, I only have the option to delete save files, not load from them.
    Here's the ram save though, hopefully it helps- https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi9lc7vwq9...bkram.bin?dl=0

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Eh how on earth do you think it works lol

Whatever your thinking, no...

I have your save downloaded though, will look at it after work.

The bkram.bin file only contains one save for Donpachi, can't test anything with that sorry

Through preference I prefer a save from SSF but I can handle Yabause ok as well I guess
    you can check what saves you have with the Backup Manager in Yabause bkram.bin is just the internal memory but it is possible you have saved in another location
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-December-2014 at 16:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

That's so weird, I haven't even played Donpachi. Well, I'll look into it. Thanks for your help.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can upload a save state if you want, just not at the very end the disc but just before the event/events towards the end of disc 1 and what I need to do to complete that disc

An in game save is preferable though as save states can be unstable plus I would not be sure when the last save is created

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]