Thread: How do I erase all save data on DKC GBA?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question *SOLVED* How do I erase all save data on DKC GBA?

Yes, I'm talking about the Game Boy Advance port of DKC 1.

I know it's possible, but I just can't seem to do it. I've tried holding L and R and then pressing select at the file select screen, but to no avail.

It's in the manual, but I threw my manual away. I tried replacement docs, and they don't have it. Free Game Manual's servers are EXTREMELY slow, making me wait 99 days or more for the download to finish (I'm not kidding; YOU try it!)

I've tried everything; I have no more buttons to try!

Simply using the file erase option won't cut it. I want to delete everything, INCLUDING high scores.

Yes, I've tried holding L, R, and select at the file select screen.

If you have the manual for the GBA version of the game, PLEASE look it up.

I've also tried taking the cartridge out while I save the game and repeatedly turning the power on and off, and everything's still there... Curse you Nintendo, and your ultra-durable cartridges!

You could seriously run over those cartridges with an eighteen-wheeler and they would still be perfectly functional. They are immune to fire, water and ice, and they can't be destroyed by nuclear gunfire!

Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wives, because these cartridges are invincible!

*bump*
    Last edited by VirtuaroidPilot; 8th-December-2014 at 19:28.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, don't bump your thread when it's still in the first page of the forum, be patient and if you get no answer it's because people don't know how to help you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Google says "Go to save file selection screen, hold L and R buttons and press select. "

That said, there is apparently no way to delete time trial highscores, if that's what you're asking.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you Admin Cookie Monster, for pointing that out to me.

To Corey:

Thank you for the reply!

I already checked google and looked on that same page before posting here. The guy on google is mistaken. What he said applies to DKC2 and DKC3 only.

I was pressing random buttons, and here's what you need to do:

For the Game Boy Advance port of DKC1 only, go to the file select screen, and press the following buttons simultaneously:

L+R+A+Select+Start.

You will get a window asking you if you want to delete all your saves and high scores. Look at the button prompts and say yes.

There! All data is erased!

The moral of the story: Google is not always your friend. You'll either get what you need, find nothing, or find incorrect information.
    Last edited by VirtuaroidPilot; 8th-December-2014 at 20:05.