Thread: Tut on how to make ANY DC game self bootable on NATIVE OS ( even 64 Bit) with NO VM'S required.

Thanks

Default Tut on how to make ANY DC game self bootable on NATIVE OS ( even 64 Bit) with NO VM'S required.

How to make non Self Boot DC Games into Self Boot on NATIVE OS!!! Works on 32 Bit Versions as well as 64 Bit Versions! NO MORE NEED FOR VM'S!!!!!!!!

Hi, in this tut, I will go over how to make ANY DC Game that is Non Self Boot into Self Boot on NATIVE OS, with no need for VM'S! This Package should contain the following:

1.Daemon Tools Lite Installer DTLite4491-0356.exe

2.Boot Dreams Installer bootdreams_106c.exe

3.binhack 32 folder

4.nullDC_104_r136 (DC Emulator+BIOS included in data folder of Emu, already renamed to work right out of the box, just double click exe and it starts!

Step 1. Alright so now the first step is to double click on the Daemon Tools Lite installer and go through the installation steps, STOP!!!!!! Where it has the part where you check off the parts you want to installe LEAVE SPTD UNCHECKED, and if it's already checked, UNCHECK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! On an older PC of mine, it caused weird things such as Black screen when logging in, slower PC, Charms bar not working at random times, etc.

Step 2. Now that that's installed, double click on the Boot Dreams Installer and go through install steps.

Step 3. Now, put Emu where you want it, start it up, configure what you want, now exit Emu, go to website to download Roms and Isos. Personal Preferance is http://www.emuparadise.org/

Step 4. Now that you have game, try to run it with NullDC, and if it takes you to music section, then it NOT SELF BOOTABLE!!!

Step 5. Run Daemon Tools Lite, mount DC game into Daemon Tools Lite, double click on virtual CD in My Computer/This PC (name depends on what OS you run, Windows XP, Vista 7, and 8 will say My Computer, 8.1, 8.1 Bing, and 8.1 Bing Update 1 will say This PC) and copy content of ENTIRE CD to a folder named whatever you want, preferably name of Game, and put on Desktop (for convenience.)

Step 6. Select 1ST_READ.BIN and IP.BIN located in the folder of CD contents you just made and drag both files into folder containing Bin Hack 32 Bit. Double click on binhack32.exe, which I actually renamed to BINHACK.EXE and for name of Binary enter 1ST_READ.BIN, for name of Boot Sector, enter IP.BIN and for MS INFO Value, enter 0,0, (that is Zero Comma Zero) then push enter, and when Window dissapears, take both files and drag them back into the CD contents folder you made earlier.

Step 7. Run Boot Dreams, and for Self Boot Folder, point it to the CD contents folder you made, for the CD Label, name it whatever you want, and for the Disc Format, that's entirely dependant on whether your game has Audio as the first track or not, if it does, select Audio/Data, if not, select Data/Data, and click on Process, and when it asks if you want to make a Disc Juggler Image, click YES, and when/if it says the File is a Katana, would you like to scramble it, that's again entirely dependant on the game you have, and I don't know what it'[s actually for, so you'll just have to try it out and see for yourself. So there's basically 4 options: 1.Audio/Data with no to the scramble question. 2.Data/Data with no to the question. 3.Audio/Data with yes to the scramble question, and 4. Data/Data with yes to the question. So you'll just have to trial and error until you get the one that works for you. Now after you answer the question of either YES or NO save cdi wherever you want, now click on Save. A window will appear showing status, and when it dissapears and you get a Box saying the image was created successfully, click OK and you NOW HAVE A SELF BOOT CDI!!!!!!

Step 8. Load the game into NULLDC and if it makes it past DC Logo, and Game LOGO IT WORKS!!! If it hangs at Game Logo or loops back to DC Main Menu logo, close NullDC, delete Cdi you made, and retry with boot Dreams until it works.

STEP 9.!!!!! DO NOT SKIP!!!!!! In NullDC there's a setting called Cable Type under NullDC Settings, and make sure that IT IS NOT SET TO TV RGB or VGA 1 RGB or game will loop back to main DC menu after game logo, at least it did for me anyway, so either set to VVA 0 RGB, or TV VBS/Y+S/C!

Step 10. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://mega.co.nz/#!lwBgXIQJ!0As6ijUZtZq9S9EhRw2MGnePsIObwYzL_dwpuglDWh4

Password for Archive: EmuparadiseRocks

NOTE: Capitalization DOES matter. E has to be capital for Emuparadise. R has to be capital for Rocks.

Why isn't my link clickable? Oh well. I guess all you people will just have to copy and paste it into your browser on a new Tab, and push ENTER on the keyboard. Hopefully a Mod will make it clickable for me. Also I don't know if any of you guys are seeing this but on my Monitor, half of the link is almost black and barely visible while the other half is perfectly visible and White like it should be. Again
    Last edited by DarkHarbringer666; 7th-December-2014 at 02:32.
    ChrisEvil