Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions regarding Dolphin (GC/Wii Emulator)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I never said the OP had to use hardware only, I only gave more options, though my opinion may differ I did not once say the OP must use anything.

If you take everything so petty then maybe it is for the best.

Again you are putting words into my mouth another words your saying my posts say more than they actually do.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks Ragnar but I'd rather have one with an external power supply if at all possible. I have enough annoying shit dealing with batteries in the Wii Mote as it is. I don't want to have even more batteries to replace every day lol
    ChrisEvil

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can get chargeable packs for the Wii Motes as well as charging stations, though they don't last any longer than normal batteries (probably a little less) at least you don't have to open the Wii Motes up to replace batteries every night

I'm going to guess that you can get longer lasting ones than what I have though my chargeable packs are very very old now anyway, not looked at anything like that in some time either as I don't play on the Wii all that much at the moment, I tend to go round all my consoles and emulated systems picking on games I have yet to play fully or playing new games on my PS4

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,308 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

No no no, don't get chargeable packs and stations and all sorts of proprietary accessories. They're all junk. Get a bunch of nice low self discharge batteries (preferably Eneloops IMO) and a smart charger (there are cheapish ones that are adequate). They'll outperform every charge pack accessory out there, they'll last nigh forever (both in charge holding and lifespan), and they'll work in anything you have that takes AA batteries. So 15 years from now, when you've long past stopped caring about a Wii or whatever stupid thing you were buying weird packs for, you'll still have decent rechargeable batteries working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHarbringer666 View Post
    Thanks Ragnar but I'd rather have one with an external power supply if at all possible. I have enough annoying shit dealing with batteries in the Wii Mote as it is. I don't want to have even more batteries to replace every day lol
    That's understandable. But maybe they have replacements that can plug into a wall or whatever. Anything so you don't have to power up a Wii while you aren't playing the console
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    No no no, don't get chargeable packs and stations and all sorts of proprietary accessories. They're all junk. Get a bunch of nice low self discharge batteries (preferably Eneloops IMO) and a smart charger (there are cheapish ones that are adequate). They'll outperform every charge pack accessory out there, they'll last nigh forever (both in charge holding and lifespan), and they'll work in anything you have that takes AA batteries. So 15 years from now, when you've long past stopped caring about a Wii or whatever stupid thing you were buying weird packs for, you'll still have decent rechargeable batteries working for you.
    Agreed. I don't use battery packs in Wii or 360 controllers and I've been using rechargeable AA/AAA batteries in all sorts of things for years.
    I just wish PS3 controllers had battery options

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not had any sort of issues with packs and got fed up of replacing chargeable batteries 2400 I think I used last might of been higher than that, broke a couple of back plate clips of a number of things due to batteries swaps (GBA's to controllers ect...).

My packs are not that bad for the charge I tend to get about 15 to 20 hours when they are fully charged, but my packs are rather old now and where very cheap, under £5.

My PS3/PS4 pads never run out of charge due to having a Phone USB charger hooked to them while I play, not used my 360 in some time though so don't remember if you can do that with those also, I'm sure you could though and never seen the harm in the chargeable pack you got with a 360 pad, the thing that goes on those is the actual cable though, then you are left to use batteries, but for me never happened, my kid bro though has had that with two charger cables and a wired pad, so much care taken towards his cables.

The only real advantage to standard chargeable's is the multi use factor, asides from that not really unless it is something that goes through batteries rather quick like a hand held console but just about all hand held consoles now use custom battery packs and charge cables, usually that hold there charge for a reasonable amount of time, with the option of getting external power boosters to help the charge last a little longer though can't say I have felt the need for a power boost for hand held's but not everyone will agree with that .

Saying that not much uses batteries now anyway, most console related products have self contained power, charged mostly by USB cable and/or wall socket, as far as new hardware goes the only thing I can think of that constantly still uses batteries are TV remotes and wireless keyboards and mice ect... not sure what else still does asides from older outdated stuff and toys obviously that still have batteries not included.

P.S. I do still have those batteries, just don't use them in much now, not sure if my charger still works either though..

At the end of the day you use what you are used to and are happy using

Speaking of USB power though you can just get a USB powered Wii sensor bar (Amazon have those, I'm sure other places will also) or even convert one to power up via USB, there are guides floating around for those
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-December-2014 at 10:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Smwcentral i think there gonna start making all new hacks of the game New Super Mario Bros. Wii the section is empty right now tools where just added last week if wanna make you own nsmbw hack nows the time learn
    Last edited by killapinke; 8th-December-2014 at 10:14.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by killapinke View Post
    Smwcentral i think there gonna start making all new hacks of the game New Super Mario Bros. Wii the section is empty right now tools where just added last week if wanna make you own nsmbw hack nows the time learn
    Not exactly related to this thread, try making your own thread on the new subject if you want members here to even see your post, instead of just those involved in this thread

Not that NSMB mods are new or anything but would be nice to use more user friendly tools

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    At the end of the day you use what you are used to and are happy using
    Agreed, but.

Not had any sort of issues with packs and got fed up of replacing chargeable batteries 2400 I think I used last might of been higher than that,
    Pretty sure you weren't using LSD's, they're like 2000mAh. Bigger isn't better, that only wins if you promptly charge and use your batteries. A cheap high capacity battery can self discharge itself down under 2000mAh in a day. Not to even think of what a week/month will do to them I think I still have Eneloops in some remotes that are still running on their initial charge, several years later.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I just wish PS3 controllers had battery options
    Ditto. That was the main reason I preferred the 360 over the PS3. I had to buy a second controller just so I could keep playing stuff when a battery runs out
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have remotes with standard batteries that have been in them for a few years, not something I would put a chargeable in to be honest, it's like £1 for a 10 pack of Kodak Long Life cheapo AA/AAA batteries that last long enough in a remotes

LSD is a drug as far as I know honest not heard of them, yeah my set will not of been LSD, it was not an unknown brand though, common over in the UK with retail stores that stock chargeable batteries and seemed to be one of the better ones to be honest (Not particularly cheat either), I could find out what they are exactly but, lack the interest unless you insist on it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-December-2014 at 16:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

it was not an unknown brand though, common over in the UK with retail stores that stock chargeable batteries and seemed to be one of the better ones to be honest
    Yeah, you got ripped off by a retail store. Retail stores mostly stock junk, overpriced too. Not really their fault, customers walk in and look for stuff that comes with a high mAh rating and a dumb charger. Some of that crap is in my house too from before I knew better. Duracell tried selling rebranded Eneloops for a while, and I don't think they sold that well because people didn't notice what they were...

I have remotes with standard batteries that have been in them for a few years, not something I would put a chargeable in to be honest, it's like £1 for a 10 pack of Kodak Long Life cheapo AA/AAA batteries that last long enough in a remotes
    I use those too. But Eneloops are cheap enough to try on stuff. They've lasted in the range I usually expect (and still going) from quality Energizer/Duracell disposable AA's, and actually cost about the same price quality disposables usually sell for.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have some Duracell AAA chargeable's as it happens (not the ones I was thinking of though) they did get used in a digital camera until the camera was replaced with one that had it's own chargeable.

The AA's I had I got from Argos years ago, had a look though and they don't sell what I got those years ago, I'm sure they were UniRoss or something like that though, at the time there was not much choice in chargeable's though anyway.

Edit:- they are uniross I recognized from Amazon, can't be 100% sure on the mAh I had a few of those, I was thinking it was 2400 though that I got last

Looked much like these 1300 ones, the charger is the same as what I have somewhere possibly in my loft as I can't find it or the batteries at the moment

Name:  41QBaD48UxL.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  18.1 KB
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-December-2014 at 21:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I just found out something VERRRRRRRRRRY interesting!!!!! Supposedly since the Sensor Bar is nothing more than infrared light, I don't actually even need a wireless Sensor Bar or ANY Sensor Bar for that matter!! I CAN JUST USE TWO CANDLES LOL!!!!
    ChrisEvil

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just found out something VERRRRRRRRRRY interesting!!!!! Supposedly since the Sensor Bar is nothing more than infrared light, I don't actually even need a wireless Sensor Bar or ANY Sensor Bar for that matter!! I CAN JUST USE TWO CANDLES LOL!!!!
    Cool.... Infrared Candles

Yeah the Sensor bar is not directly connected to anything it just bounces back to the Wii Mote to give it a location on the screen, you don't even need to have that bar centered up very well either and it will still work, its very simple idea that works.

You could make your own easy enough.

Modern PC Light Guns work much the same way

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Edit:- they are uniross I recognized from Amazon, can't be 100% sure on the mAh I had a few of those, I was thinking it was 2400 though that I got last

Looked much like these 1300 ones, the charger is the same as what I have somewhere possibly in my loft as I can't find it or the batteries at the moment

Name:  41QBaD48UxL.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  18.1 KB
    I poked around Amazon.co.uk to see that thing, and it looks to be some dumb charger. It'll run a timer to charge batteries, leaving them filled with Overcharging damages batteries, as can undercharging.

Here, this is a smart charger:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Youshiko-YC4...QNFXHYBK8Q2GN1

It charges batteries individually as needed, lets you select the charge/discharge rates, and tells you the details of how your batteries are performing.

Now that I have such a charger I'm incapable of living without one