Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EP's Secret Santa 2014 Sign-up Thread!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default EP's Secret Santa 2014 Sign-up Thread!

EP Secret Santa 2014

It's about that time, the days are getting shorter and the weather's getting colder, the holidays are nearly upon us. So it's time to spread some of that holiday cheer!

I was disappointed with the lack of a Secret Santa thread last year. So I figured I'd start a bit early this year so we can hopefully have a decent turnout.

I'm just going to use the previously established rules.

Rules:
    1) The suggested gift value is approximately $10USD. You can go over, but try not to spend much less
    2) Gifts should be gaming related, but don't necessarily need to be games.
    3) Signups close on November the 24th. Addresses will be sorted and handed out as soon as possible, and all gifts should be sent out by December the 1st at the latest. So gifts hopefully arrive before Christmas.
    4) Absolutely no trolling. No sending garbage, or trying to score gifts without sending anything. If I hear about something that pisses me off I might ban you for it.
    5) Participants must have at least 50 posts as of *now* to enter. There is no working your way into this, if you didn't qualify, you can't get in.

How to enter:
    PM me, Beelzebub, the following information

1) Your mailing address. This should include your real name. If you want your gift giver to know your screen name please say so, by default that won't be passed along.
    2) Let me know if you're willing to ship internationally, domestically, or anything in between. We'll try our best to match up participants so they don't have to spend a fortune on shipping. But it may not be entirely possible. Please remember before you wuss out, you can always buy stuff off the giftee's local Amazon and such
    3) Anything you specifically do or don't want. If the only console you have is a PS2 you don't really want a 360 game, right? This info will be passed along with your address, to hopefully ensure you receive an appropriate gift.
    Please read and follow the rules above, have fun, and have a HAPPY HOLIDAY!

Participants:
    Beelzebub*
    Ragnar*
    Milady*
    Gypsy*
    Claude Frollo*
    Corey
    Stark*
    Last edited by Beelzebub; 25th-November-2014 at 14:58.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yay, I don't need to administrate it this year I'm in
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

I want to play!

EDIT: PM'd Beelze, and also updated my personal master list in my blog just in case that might be useful information~
    Last edited by Milady; 11th-November-2014 at 13:34.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm in. I hope I get Milady because I have Amazon book credit to use.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Dude spoilers?

Please note: I'm not getting involved in this. I wouldn't expect anyone to send something this far and I don't relish the thought of having to send something to NA

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah expensive shipping kills the point. If anyone outside of NA is going to do it stuff would probably need to be bought online and shipped directly to the other person.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Dude spoilers?

Please note: I'm not getting involved in this. I wouldn't expect anyone to send something this far and I don't relish the thought of having to send something to NA
    Depends on how many non-North American members join up. If some Euro members sign up then it probably wouldn't be so bad.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Also you could always just purchase your present off of the particular person's country's Amazon store. Such as Amazon Australia for DL or whatever. That way shipping wouldn't be a factor.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Or you could just localise the secret santas. Only EU to EU, NA to NA.
    It would make it less complicated for the giver/receiver although requires a little more admin.
    Nah, I'm more inclined to do it the way we've done it in the past. I've shipped stuff to the UK/EU and it wasn't really all that bad. Plus like I said you can just purchase something off of their local Amazon/eBay if need be.

Thanks
    EP Points

Or you could just localise the secret santas. Only EU to EU, NA to NA.
    It would make it less complicated for the giver/receiver although requires a little more admin.
    I think that's what they try to do. Matching up that is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I think that's what they try to do.
    It's up to the participants whether they're willing to ship internationally or not.

I'd ship internationally if need be. Sometimes it's cool to get stuff from other countries that you normally wouldn't get to experience living somewhere else.
    Last edited by Beelzebub; 12th-November-2014 at 01:04.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kinda early to sign up but I'm in.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well I only know from my experiences here and in Eire. Getting something shipped to EU from here is ok (and the reverse). Getting something shipped here from Japan, China and some other Asian places is ok too. And the cost is ok.

But something shipped from the US to here can take more than 1 month.

I have no idea about EU to NA or the reverse.
    And what about places like South America or Mexico?
    Dude, I'll take that into consideration when I go through the entries. Obviously if you signed up I'd more than likely pair you up with someone from the EU if possible. Now if you're going to sign up, then PM me, otherwise leave it alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Frollo View Post
    Kinda early to sign up but I'm in.
    Cool man, got your PM. I figured I'd get an early start this year to hopefully ensure more participants. As well as making sure that everyone gets their presents by Christmas.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    But I haven't finished reading the books I bought after the last time we talked, and I've gotten like 8 more since!

And people freaking out about shipping are silly. I managed to get something to Norway last time without much problem at all, and I had a blast getting stuff from the Netherlands that, like Beelze said, I wouldn't have had the chance to see otherwise~
    Last edited by Milady; 12th-November-2014 at 13:00.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Only a week until the deadline for sign-ups for this years Secret Santa!

So to all those who want to get into the holiday spirit and give to and receive some really cool stuff from your fellow Emuparadise members. I suggest signing up, just PM me your info by November 24th!