Thread: Transferring Resident Evil 5 save to new laptop

Thanks

Question Transferring Resident Evil 5 save to new laptop

Hi everyone i got a very early Christmas present and i am very exited about it, i got a "Asus Republic of Gamers series G73JW Gaming Laptop" this present is from my brother in law and my favorite baby sister they went all out for me it has intel core i7, a geforce gtx460, 8gb of memory and it has window 7 super sweeeeeettttttt anyway now i need some major help i have a save file from my resident evil 5 pc version that i want to transfer to my new gaming laptop i have earn a lot of good weapons and gotten very far in that file and i don't want to lose it i hear there is a special way to transfer my save file to my new laptop without corrupting it can anyone help me please.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well your save file will be located here:
    C:\Users\(Your computer's name here)\Documents\CAPCOM\RESIDENT EVIL 5\(Your Windows Live ID here)

Copy it, copy it into the same directory on your new computer. Sign into Games for Windows Live, recover your profile and then your save should work?

Moved your thread to the computer corner since it's not emulation related.

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Well your save file will be located here:
    C:\Users\(Your computer's name here)\Documents\CAPCOM\RESIDENT EVIL 5\(Your Windows Live ID here)

Copy it, copy it into the same directory on your new computer. Sign into Games for Windows Live, recover your profile and then your save should work?

Moved your thread to the computer corner since it's not emulation related.
    Are you sure that all i need to do is there anything else i need to do ????

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    Are you sure that all i need to do is there anything else i need to do ????
    Looks like it.
    http://residentevil.org/threads/how-...ve-games.2562/

Just backup the CAPCOM folder from My Documents, copy it into your new computer's My Documents, re-install Resident Evil 5, sign into the same Windows Live ID you used to play it before and your save will be there.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's all you have to do. I've done that myself not long ago.

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    That's all you have to do. I've done that myself not long ago.
    Okay i try it and when i try to load it said it damage is there a better way to transfer it what i use was a usb stick to transfer it.

Thanks
    EP Points

My guess is the file was damaged during the file transfer. You may have disconnected the USB stick before it was done writing data to it. Easiest way to tell when the right time to disconnect one is to wait for the light on it to stay steady for a few seconds or so. You can also try reformatting the stick by right-clicking on it in My Computer and clicking Format (this will erase everything on it so be careful).

Of course if you originally "cut" the save files instead of choosing "copy", and don't have an extra copy on the old computer, you're pretty much SOL at this point.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't use "cut" use "copy" to be safe and not go into "rage mode" because your save file was broken or lost into oblivion