Thread: [PC] Morrowind combat mods?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default [PC] Morrowind combat mods?

So I recently decided to give Morrowind another go after ~6-7 years or so, after discovering they've made a very nice graphical mod compilation (Morrowind Overhaul 3.0). While the game looks awesome now, I still have trouble getting over the "accuracy" mechanic, where spells and melee attacks fail more often than not, particularly in the very beginning of the game.

So my question is, are there any decent combat mods out there that help remedy this? Also if anyone happens to have any recommendations for "essential" improvement mods (other than ones affecting the graphics in general, maybe an animations one?) that would be cool as well
    Last edited by MaslowK; 21st-November-2014 at 01:06.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You can change your attributes/skills via console commands.
    There's a very good chance you already know this, but essentially you don't need a mod to "improve" combat/magic. Your performance improves as you increase your stats.
    So if you can't be bothered leveling up the legit way just use console commands.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/C...28Morrowind%29

Edit: also moved this thread
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-November-2014 at 02:23.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Try these mods:
    Combat Enhanced: Depth Perception
    Galsiah's Character Development
    BTB's Game Improvements
    Delayed DB Attack (If you are playing the GOTY Version of morrowind)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IndorilNerevar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1-Get Drain (skill) spell.
    Go to the Moonmouth legion fort. In the Courtyard, enter the main door on the West wall. Go to the right side, then all the way back. You should find bunks and a named Legion soldier. Open a door in this room to find stairs going down and another door. Enter the Jail area, find the soldier, and buy one of 3 Drain (skill) spells.
    2-Create Drain Destruction spell
    Go to the lowest floor of the Mages Guild in Balmora. Find the High Elf, who should have Spellmaking and Training services.
    Spellmaking: Drain Destruction | Magnitude: 25 | Duration: 1 second | Target: Self
    3-Find Destruction trainer
    iirc this is the same High Elf you just talked to. If not, you should find it on the same floor.
    4-Cast spell
    Exit out of the Talk interface, stand close enough to talk to the Trainer, ready your spell, and cast it.
    5-Talk to trainer while spell is active
    6-Train Destruction for 1 gold

Repeat for any other skill you want. Doing Destruction first makes everything else easier and faster.

Honestly, this game is made of broken. Don't make a spell of Sanctuary|Magnitude100|2seconds|self + Soul Trap|1second|Target if you want to become a vampire. Being Permanently un-hitable makes getting infected with Porphyric Hemophilia impossible.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 22nd-November-2014 at 20:07.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Repeat for any other skill you want. Doing Destruction first makes everything else easier and faster.
    Wow, I had no idea that sort of exploit even existed in morrowind crazy stuff. Thanks for the tip!

For some reason Morrowind Overhaul makes you go through it's "recompile distant lands" function each time you add mods, so I pretty much just said effit and raised my agility to 70 starting out with the console. I still miss quite a bit but much less than I was before at Lv1, I figure it's a decent compromise in the meantime.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just to see, I once made a permanent Resist Corprus Disease|100|2sec|Self + Soul Trap|1sec|Target spell, made myself immune to Corprus. Still caught Corprus.
    Last edited by skullpoker; 24th-November-2014 at 12:04.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.