Thread: Resident Evil 3 and ePSXe

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 3 and ePSXe

Hi Ragnar.I am not sure if this is the right forum or not but i believe that only you can help me in this matter.I wanted to play resident evil 3 on my pc and i am using epsxe already.I want to have a very good graphics look on my monitor.How do I achieve that?I have downloaded some re3 iso but i am not sure if it affects the quality or not.And also if possible can you please help me regarding the settings on this emulator?or may be you can give me some screen shots?thank you in advance!

Thanks
    EP Points

When choosing a copy of Resident Evil 3 just make sure it's the NTSC (U) version so you don't have to worry about copy protection. Every copy of the game for PS1 will have the same graphical quality, so that won't be an issue. Your best bet to get the best graphics is to use either one of the D3D video plugins (they'll have D3D in the name) or one of the ones labeled OpenGL; don't bother with the P.E.Op.S Soft plugin.

Since I don't know what your PC specs are, here's a base for the settings you should try using first;

If it runs smoothly, you can go back and try changing "Desktop resolution" to a higher number, "Texture quality" to the Best Colors option, and "Texture filtering" to one of the options labeled Extended; all of these can help improve the picture quality in game.

Also if you decide to try the "OpenGL2" video plugin instead of one of the others, the settings will look a lot different, so you'll want to try the settings listed here instead; http://ks23364.kimsufi.com/psxdata/d...LUS-00923.html
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"