Thread: OpenEmu

Thanks
    EP Points

Default OpenEmu

This app is absolutely amazing, and never did I think one program could house so many emulators in one package. Because of this app, I was finally able to play TG-16/PC-E/CD, Sega Saturn, and several other things from where I couldn't before on my previous Macbook. Hands down, this application is fantastic. The only quirk it could use is fixing the framerate on certain cores for the emulators provided, they can be somewhat jerky in some spots.

I wish though, in the future, that it could possibly hold in a Sharp X68000 emulator because there are indeed emulators for that system and I don't see any reason why OpenEmu never opened up to that particular one. There are some fantastic games on that system and it'd be a shame if it never saw the light of day on that application (I definitely want to try Cho Ren Sha 68K badly since the Windows version can only work so far to a degree with Wine, and it isn't perfect).

If you own a Mac with either Mavericks or Yosemite installed, you have no reason not to have that app on your computer. It's definitely worth it.

...I do wish that there was a forum somewhere for OpenEmu devs, but all they have is a GitHub. :T

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I've been using this on my Macbook Air for a while, I love it. It's like a much more streamlined Retroarch. Only thing I don't like is the configuration options are a bit limited compared to standalone emulators, but it's by far the best option for N64/PS1 and arcade games on a Mac.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I'm also bummed that the app doesn't have very intricate setting preferences for each core available. For some reason, I keep getting this feeling that the NES, Genesis, SNES, and Game Boy suffer from this "jitter" every 8 or so seconds when you play a game which I think is a video sync or framerate issue.

Thanks

Where do you download it

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Coollin View Post
    Where do you download it
    http://openemu.org/
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.